Details: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Title: Corporate Relations Officer
Reports To: Director of Events & Corporate Relations
Work Schedule: Full time/40 hours a week-Monday to Friday; some evenings and weekends required
Compensation: Salary, Commensurate with experience
Benefit Status: Eligible
Department: Institutional Advancment
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
Center Theatre Group seeks a Corporate Relations Officer to join the company’s Institutional Advancement team, reporting to the Director of Events & Corporate Relations. This position will focus on creating and maintaining strong relationships with CTG corporate partners and sponsors to deepen involvement and increase both cash and in-kind contributions to the company.
1. With the Director of Events & Corporate Relations, identify, cultivate, and solicit corporate partners and sponsorships to increase support from $800,000 to $1.1+ million annually within the next 4 years
2. Manage a portfolio of 50-80 corporate donors and prospects
3. Create marketing and engagement strategies for existing corporate partners to maintain and increase revenue from those companies
4. Recruit at least six new corporate partners annually to grow support for CTG
5. Work closely with leadership groups, including a Corporate Cabinet, the Institutional Advancement Committee, and CTG’s Board of Directors, to increase corporate partners
6. Assist with strategy and solicitation of a new entertainment industry initiative
7. Facilitate, attend, and work hospitality and prospecting events with corporate partners throughout the season, in conjunction with the events team
8. Collaborate with marketing, communications, and other CTG departments to ensure high-level and creative corporate sponsor engagement
9. Secure innovative and strategic in-kind support for all of CTG
10. Ensure all ticket requests for corporate partners and sponsors are confirmed by the VIP Ticket Desk and Audience Services team
11. Other administrative support and duties as assigned
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Four years of college from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work history required. Three years or more of successful nonprofit corporate fundraising experience required; however applicants with sales or business development experience will be considered. Experience in fundraising for performing arts a plus. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and database systems such as Tessitura. Strong writing skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to negotiate strategic partnerships are all essential. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, personable, and have a great sense of humor.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: CTGjobs@CTGLA.org
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.