Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Finance Department has an immediate opening for a Payroll Analyst.
* Perform monthly payroll variances by person, actual versus budget
* Generate the monthly staffing report, including the detailed payroll pivot table
* Prepare monthly actual fringe benefit analysis by person
* Prepare Practice expense analysis and support
* Provide budgeting and analytical support for salaries and other compensation
* Manage, manipulate, and analyze large amounts of data utilizing Excel and other tools
* Prepare the monthly expense schedule for Admin office temps
* Calculate union employee benefits and pension amounts
* Prepare the ADP to GL and 941 reconciliations
* Create, change and modify reports in ADP Reporting and Financial Edge
* Focus on frequent and critical special projects
* Provide strong technical and analytical support to the Payroll and Finance team
* Other duties as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* BS in Accounting or Finance
* 4+ years of relevant work experience
* Advanced Excel skills
* Strong analytical capabilities
* Experience with ADP Reporting and/or Financial Edge a plus
* Extremely organized and ability to respond to internal and external customer requests
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must be able to meet deadlines
* Sense of professionalism and confidentiality, with an exceptional work ethic
* Advance technological capabilities in order to analyze payroll related expenses
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required