Israel Engagement Coordinator-Penn State Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Inspire and connect hundreds of Jewish students to Israel each year as Penn State Hillel's Israel Engagement Coordinator. You will staff trips in Israel, work with students prior to their departure, and engage them upon their return from Israel experiences by developing activities to encourage participants to be involved with Jewish campus life. You live and model a passionately Jewish life, are entrepreneurial and a change agent, possess an extremely high emotional intelligence, and have a great sense of humor. You will utilize these skills to supervise student interns and to promote and recruit for Birthright Israel, Onward Israel and other Israel experiences to increase the number of students from Penn State going to Israel. You will be responsible for ensuring meaningful and diverse opportunities for Jewish expression, identifying and cultivating student leaders, and consistently promoting a welcoming and lively pluralistic Jewish community.
What You'll Do:
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them in Israel travel opportunities.
- Coordinate campus-wide recruitment strategies for Birthright Israel and Onward Israel opportunities.
- Staff Birthright Israel trips and manage follow-through efforts.
- Work collaboratively with different segments of student leadership to reach new groups of students for Israel experiences.
- Mentor student interns and volunteer leaders in their Jewish growth through one-on-one meetings and cultivate a Jewish community that is caring, diverse, welcoming and actively inclusive.
On a Day-to-Day Basis You Will:
- Supervise the Birthright Interns to coordinate their recruitment and follow-through efforts.
- Have coffee with students interested in Birthright and Onward Israel.
- Speak at fraternity and sorority chapter meetings about Israel travel opportunities.
- Recruit students for an upcoming Birthright trip through tabling and coffee dates.
- Participate as a member of the Hillel staff team in major programs, Shabbat and holiday celebrations, and other immersion experiences as relevant.
What You've Accomplished:
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree; prior professional experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with young adults.
- An approachable, dynamic, and engaging personality with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically in order to reach goals
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- Ability to empower others to create their own curated Jewish experiences.
- An entrepreneurial energy to everything you do, thinking strategically, creatively and “BIG.”
- Ability to figure out what makes people tick and apply that knowledge to help connect them to their passions and interests.
- The capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and adjusting on the fly.
- A team-oriented approach to work while still being a self-starter, a strong work ethic, a great sense of humor, an ability to take risks and learn from a variety of situations.
- A passion for Israel, building pluralistic Jewish communities, and creating a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment.
What You'll Receive:
- Great professional and personal development, mentoring, skill building opportunities, and a network of terrific colleagues from across the Hillel movement.
- Domestic and international travel opportunities.
- Unlimited paid coffee dates with students.
- Flexible work hours.
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
About Penn State Hillel:
Penn State Hillel's mission is to enrich the lives of the estimated 5,000 Jewish students at Penn State so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. Penn State Hillel's student leaders, staff, and lay leaders passionately nurture a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment for Jewish college students where they are encouraged to develop new and innovative ways to explore their Judaism. Penn State Hillel is dedicated to creating a staff team with a family-like atmosphere where professionals are valued and supported in their personal and professional journeys, and are challenged to deepen their critical thinking and decision-making abilities. Penn State Hillel is committed to excellence, innovation, accountability, and results. Penn State Hillel is known for its strong staff culture and extremely high employee engagement, and is in the midst of dramatic organizational growth, transforming from a medium-sized campus organization into one of the premier centers for Jewish student life in the country, soon to be operating out of a new, state-of-the-art facility.
About Penn State:
Penn State Hillel is located in State College, PA, on the beautiful campus of the Pennsylvania State University. Kiplinger's Personal Finance has listed State College as #19 on its list of 50 Smart Places to Live. Sperling's BestPlaces research group has ranked State College the No.1 safest small city in America, and State College is one of RelocateAmerica's Top 100 Places to Live. Forbes has listed State College among the top 10 smaller metro areas in which to start a career or business.
Penn State was ranked 7th in Washington Monthly's 2009 national college rankings, was #3 on its list of Top 100 Best U.S. College and University Programs, and is included on Newsweek's list of the 50 Top Global Universities. In 2005, the NASDAQ rated Penn State University as the Best Center for Entrepreneurship in the United States. Penn State features THON—the largest student-run philanthropy in the world—which raised more than $10 Million in 2018. Penn State also has one of the highest application rates to Teach for America.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Penn State Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.Hillel.org/Jobs and include your resume and cover letter.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/kg7dvkss5p7xcjtj"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vWgwW6lfXdWkYUXqxI7LrP">
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Apply at www.Hillel.org/Jobs and include your resume and cover letter.