As a member of the U.S. Development Department, the Corporate Development Associate provides administrative and fundraising support to the Director, Corporate Partnerships. S/He will also provide excellent stewardship and service to prospective and current corporate donors.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Corporate Development Associate reports to the Director, Corporate Partnerships. S/He will liaise regularly with colleagues in NY and other Orbis offices, and liaise with corporate partners and associations, including those who provide Gift-in-Kind contributions to support Orbis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Conduct prospect research using online resources and other databases/resources to identify potential corporate donors, maintain and update our lists/records and ensure records are accurate.
· Using the Corporate Partnerships template, develop briefing notes/profiles based on prospect research.
· Create and maintain the Corporate Partnership Master List to populate research findings and track prospect approaches, deadlines, required materials, etc. and track this information in Raisers’ Edge.
· Monitor select aviation and ophthalmology websites/organizations/media for relevant news.
· Coordinate the development of content with program staff as needed for reports to highlight impact/activity for sponsors of programs.
· Track/monitor corporate sponsorship activities as per donor agreements to ensure all benefits and recognition are fulfilled.
· Assist with events to launch and/or recognize corporate partnerships.
Administrative & Logistics
· Using existing content, develop materials for corporate prospects and partners, e.g. program updates, power point presentations, program collateral, proposals, thank you/tax receipt letters, and stewardship reports.
· Maintain institutional records in Raiser’s Edge including proposal submissions, reports, gift acknowledgments, event invitations, correspondence, media, and corporate news.
· Manage the annual calendar of aviation and ophthalmology conferences and events to ensure appropriate participation/attendance.
· Track all aviation and medical Gift-in-Kind support in Raisers’ Edge; liaise with the Supply Chain Management Team to ensure appropriate thank you letters with tax receipt information are sent out.
· Based on a pre-determined calendar, create and send appropriate pledge payment reminders
· Submit letters to businesses requesting meetings, follow up to schedule meetings (phone or email) for the Director, Corporate Partnerships.
· Provide administrative and logistical support to the Director, Corporate Partnerships.
· Take meeting minutes and organize meeting logistics for internal meetings.
· As a member of the Development team, provide logistical and administrative support for fundraising events, including occasional travel to Showcase Tours of the Flying Eye Hospital and/or events hosted by corporate partners (e.g. Gala, President’s Dinner, FedEx Family and Friends Days).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree
· Min. 3 years’ work experience in an administrative capacity
· Prior experience in a fundraising environment and familiarity with fundraising activities required.
· Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge or CRM system a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Strong English communication skills (oral and written): ability to perform basic writing tasks and edit written documents effectively; comfortable on the telephone and with email communication.
· Customer service/donor-centric orientation; able to interact/speak with people at all levels of a company/organization.
· Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills: ability to represent Orbis in a professional and pleasant manner with all donors.
· Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize, adhere to deadlines, and multi task.
· Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced, very detailed work environment.
· Computer literacy in all MS Office applications as well as Internet research.
· Ability to work effectively in a culturally and professionally diverse team as well as work independently.
To learn more about Orbis go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Minimum Education Required