The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to representing the state public service commissions who regulate the utilities that provide essential services such as energy, telecommunications, power, water and transportation. Nestled within NARUC, the National Regulatory Research Institute (NRRI) serves state utility regulators by producing and disseminating relevant, high-quality research that provides the analytical framework and practical tools necessary to improve their public interest decision-making.
NARUC has an opening for a Part-time IT Helpdesk Technician. This position provides day-to-day computer help desk support and assists with ongoing maintenance of NARUC and NRRI’s computer network. This position reports to the Director, IT.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Receives helpdesk calls and resolves questions and issues via telephone, remote support, email and/or in person. Records required customer and problem information in Helpdesk Ticketing System. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job. Resolve Tier 1 & 2 help desk tickets. Follows up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
2. Assists with managing windows desktops, server applications, cloud-based services, printers, desk phones and smartphones devices in-person and remotely.
3. Assists with computer installs and upgrades. Assists with ensuring all MS Windows client updates/patching are applied in a timely matter via WSUS.
4. Assists with basic website content management system (CMS) issues, i.e., updating event calendars.
6. Ensures laptops devices interconnect seamlessly with file servers, email servers, conferencing systems and financial systems.
7. Assists with troubleshooting firewalls, switch, Windows servers
8. Provides user training and orientation on hardware, software and cloud-based services.
9. Maintains inventory of installed software, hardware, manage software licensing and follows proper procedures for disposal of electronic assets.
10. Participates in hardware and software evaluations/reviews and recommendations.
1. Associates Degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science, Information Systems or a relevant technical discipline with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience, or four to six years of experience without a degree. Non-profit and/or membership experience is a plus.
2. Comp TIA A+, Comp TIA Network+, Microsoft 365 Fundamentals, or similar certifications is highly desirable.
3. Knowledge of MS Windows 10 and MS Windows Server 2012/2016; Hyper V and O365 experience a plus.
4. Familiarity with supporting Mura/Cold Fusion 11, WordPress and HTML, CSS, JScript, Association Management Systems, Helpdesk Ticketing System.
5. Experience working with Dell Laptops and Servers, HP Printers, Canon Copiers/Scanners, Mobile devices (iOS, Android).
6. Strong analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; strong understanding of information technology tools and concepts.
7. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with NARUC and NRRI’s members, leaders, volunteers, vendors, the public and employees.
8. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and to work under pressure.
9. Ability to develop and manage collaborative business relationships
10. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
11. Ability to prioritize work in response to changing business requirements.
12. Demonstrated ability to research, acquire, and quickly absorb technical documentation on new software and hardware.
13. Sharp attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a faced paced environment
14. Ability to lift/move laptops, printers, etc.
15. Ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt position at 22.5 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience. NARUC has an excellent benefit package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on NARUC’s needs.
Position is primarily remote through 2021. Must be available to return to work in the office with a hybrid model and able to work in our Washington, DC office.
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals please submit cover letter and a resume to: email@example.com
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to representing the state public service…