Details: This is a temporary position paying $3,500 per month.
Wisconsin Statewide Coordinator for Youth Voter Registration
POSITION: MARCH ON, 50 Miles More, and National School Walkout are looking for personable and energetic organizers with a strong passion for civic engagement and the youth-led gun violence prevention movement. The Statewide Coordinator will work with field staff to register 1,500 young adults over a 3 month time period. This is a temporary position that will have a huge impact on our communities! All candidates must have access to reliable transportation.
REPORTS TO: 50 Miles More Executive Director and Project Manager
Term: Immediately through November 2018
Compensation: $3,500 monthly salary
RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the hiring of 3 young adult district organizers (primarily high school students)
- Lead training of 3 organizers
- Design state field plan to register and pre-register 18-24 year olds to vote in Wisconsin in Congressional Districts 1,7 and 8 through canvassing, community events, and high school on-campus events
- Guide 3 organizers to coordinate network of high school volunteers to meet voter registration targets
- Act as the statewide point person for national staff
- Report weekly on statewide registration data from field staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong commitment to the youth-led Gun Violence Prevention Movement
- Experience using VAN/Votebuilder as an administrator
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet all goals and deadlines
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to coach and train staff on tools and the patience that requires
- Must maintain confidentiality of all aspects of our work and consistently model professional best practices
- Must be able to pass a background check
TO APPLY: Please send resume and earliest available start date to email@example.com with the subject line “Wisconsin Statewide Coordinator - [your name]”.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.
This is a statewide position that will require some travel, but allows for remote work.
Minimum Education Required