2305 N. Charles Street
The Community Schools Specialist will support the implementation of the Community Schools strategy within Family League funded Community Schools and Out of School Time Programs. The Network Lead will support a network of schools including the lead agency and after-school programs connected to each of those schools. The Specialist will ensure partners are working toward identified outcomes by supporting the implementation of best practices, providing on site coaching, feedback on strategies and utilizing Family League developed evaluation tools to assess needs at each program. This position requires a person to fulfill job responsibilities in ways that support an equitable and inclusive environment for colleagues and community stakeholders.
- Support network of identified Community Schools in implementing identified strategies and outcomes
- Ensure funded partners are meeting requirements in scope of work and providing support when challenges arise
- Provide onsite coaching and technical assistance to Community School Coordinators and Out of School Time Site Directors using best practices and tools
- Increase implementation of strategies to improve quality within Community Schools and Out of School Time Programs
- Coordinate with Program Director of Professional Development to support professional development offerings based on local and national best practices
- Work closely with Project Coordinator of Quality Improvement to develop strategies and best practices for implementing sustainable quality models in Out of School Time programs.
- Use Family League developed site visit, observation and quality tools to identify needed resources and supports
- Provide data related to needs to the Initiative Leadership to develop technical assistance/coaching support plans for school teams including school leadership and funded partners
- Review reports from Community School Coordinators and after-school programs for accuracy, completion and quality
- Notify appropriate people when concerns arise.
- Identify themes around partnerships and strategies in order to share best practices across the network
- Identify success stories to share in program reports, Family League website, and social media
- Support implementation of periodic Community School Coordinator network and cohort meetings
- Support implementation of YPQA external assessments in Out of School Time programming; use data to support assigned network in making improvements and addressing challenges
- In collaboration with other team members, support macro-level special projects related to the broad Community Schools strategy
Family League is proud to offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Medical Deductible paid through HRA
- 401k with company match
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more about this position and to apply online, click here.
Family League of Baltimore values a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve. Family League of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religious and or political beliefs. We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualification, performance and competence.