POSITION: Vice President of Brand & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
START DATE: June 2018
We are a nationwide community, driven by passionate college student leaders, that supports children impacted by a parent’s cancer.
Our mission is to support children through and beyond their parent’s cancer with innovative, fun-filled programs that foster a lasting community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Camp Kesem seeks a VP of Brand & Marketing to lead our brand and marketing efforts. The VP of Brand & Marketing will report to the CEO and will be an integral member of the organization’s Senior Leadership team. The VP of Brand & Marketing will oversee a growing department of three, including two direct reports.
The VP of Brand & Marketing is a key internal-facing and external-facing member of the organization, and must possess strong people and project management skills and expertise in the areas of messaging, communications, and brand engagement.
The VP of Brand & Marketing must uphold and build a culture that continues to support and strengthen the following operating principles.
- We are optimistic.
- We leave a lasting and positive impact.
- We empower others.
- We care deeply about the work we do.
- We are grateful.
- We are committed to improved Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- We aspire to be open and direct.
- We demonstrate and inspire trust.
- We believe there is value in listening and considering the viewpoints of others.
- We are honest, and have integrity.
- We are professional.
- We have respect for others.
- We embrace change, and support the growth of the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Brand & Marketing Development
- Provide creative direction, and oversight in development of all organizational collateral, including web, digital and print assets.
- Provide strategic direction for new branding opportunities, including partnerships, new programs, and events.
- Provide strategic input to Chief Operations Officer and Chief Development Officer on opportunities for brand positioning in existing organizational activities including national and local fundraising events, camp and year-round programming, and student leadership development activities.
- Provide strategic and project oversight in development of Alumni engagement, communication and mobilization initiatives
- Act as Senior Leadership Team sponsor of Alumni Leadership Board, guiding the Director of Alumni Relations towards successful execution of key initiatives and projects.
- Provide oversight to Brand and Marketing team in project management and execution of organizational communications strategy including social media, e-newsletters, print campaigns.
- Provide input to Operations and Development team on new communications initiatives including newsletters and development campaigns.
- Provide creative and strategic oversight for scripts and brand assets for key organizational events, including national fundraising events and National Leadership Summit
- Develop Public Relations strategy that increases Kesem’s national and local profile through key celebrity and influencer relationships, traditional Public Relations activities, and targeted training for student leaders in engaging local media.
- Oversee Engagement Coordinator in execution of Public Relations activities for organizational events and initiatives.
- At least 12-15 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility for strategic campaign and project management.
- Experience working successfully in a rapidly growing organization, preferably with a corporate-affiliate model.
- Experience building a successful social media presence.
- Experience working with celebrity influencers to drive successful brand recognition efforts.
- Experience in strategic planning and collaboration with executive, development and key operational groups.
- Proven record of leadership and managing a marketing organization towards long-term strategic growth initiatives.
- The VP of Brand & Marketing role is a full-time position.
- The VP of Brand & Marketing will work remotely from their home office in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates based in the Chicago, IL area.
- It is expected that the VP of Brand & Marketing will be available for staff calls, meetings, donor events, and committee calls, which may occur outside of normal work hours.
- Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, Kesem offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees including employer-subsidized health benefits, dental and vision benefits, employee-funded 403b retirement plan, flexible work scheduling, telecommuting, PTO, Short-Term Disability, and parental leave offerings.
- The VP of Brand & Marketing should expect to travel 8-12 times per year, all within the United States. Travel may include staff meetings, national fundraising events, and board retreats.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit this page and fill out a short information form, then upload your resume and cover letter in PDF format.