Under the supervision of the Deputy Director and Sánchez Adobe Site Manager, the Program Interpreter helps lead educational, hands-on programs at the Sánchez Adobe Historic Site for fourth grade students and their chaperones during the school year. Programs are offered Monday-Friday. Hours on program days are 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. This position is on an as-needed basis during the school year (note, COVID protocols have led to changes in normal scheduling). In general, the Program Interpreter will work 18-23 hours per week during the school year.
· Under the supervision of the Sánchez Adobe Site Manager, set-up and assist in presenting interactive programs and to fourth grade students at the Sánchez Adobe in Pacifica, CA.
· Set-up for the hands-on activities, including preparing the mud pit used by the students in making mud bricks.
· Provide instruction and minor supervision of chaperones running hands-on activities during the tours and programs.
· Clean up after programs.
Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma, some college preferred, and two years working experience, preferably with children.
· Public speaking, teaching or museum experience preferred.
· General knowledge of and/or interest in history of California and San Mateo County.
Traits, Skills and Abilities:
· Reliable and dependable.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work enthusiastically and effectively with visitors, staff, volunteers and program participants (including adults and children).
· Ability to be flexible while working in a busy, active public work environment.
· Ability to provide an atmosphere that reinforces a positive environment for students.
· Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural community. Fluency in Spanish language is desirable.
· Requires a lot of time standing and walking and some bending.
· Include moving light furniture and program props. Will require lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Status: Part-time, On-call
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director and Sánchez Adobe Site Manager, the Program Interpreter helps lead educational, hands-on programs at the Sánchez Adobe Historic Site for fourth grade students and their chaperones during the…