4 Milita Drive
Shape the Future
Lextended Day is a creative play and enrichment based after school program that supports Lexington families and community by giving school-age children the opportunity to play, explore, create, and make friends in a healthy and stimulating environment.
Purpose: Nurture playfulness in school-age children. Leverage after school time to provide opportunities for play that children may not have. Understand play is the work of childhood and children benefit from it in social, emotional, and executive areas of growth including problem solving, developing self-reliance, practicing empathy, and resilience in face of obstacles and adversity.
What we are looking for in our team members:
- A desire to focus on and interact with the children at all times; when children are present, your attention is on them and you are optimizing their experiences.
- Excitement about the creation and implement of activities that reflects the play-based mission and vision of Lextended Day as well as the skills to be responsible for anticipating and procuring supplies.
- Economic use of materials; considerate of waste and ecologically conscientious.
- Respect for the needs and desires of children combined with an awareness of and attention to the safety of children.
- Models healthy habits for children including cooperation, compassion, making nutritious choices and being physically active throughout the day.
- Coach and mentor children to plan/complete their homework and make good decisions about choices in their day.
- The ability to handle challenging behaviors in a way that encourages children to learn from each other and the situation.
- The ability to collaborate with management around behaviors, concerns or illnesses so that appropriate communications can be held with parents, other teachers and the schools.
- The commitment to understand and work within Lextended Day and EEC policies and procedures, including peripheral duties such as set up and clean-up of the site every day.
- A thirst for professional development. We will train you in First Aid and CPR, and we require your enthusiastic participation in staff meetings and other biyearly trainings
- Commitment to your role as an honest professional, who maintains collaborative interactions among colleagues, parents, and managers.
- Commitment to the care of children including the understanding that both the weekly schedule and the yearly commitment matters to the wellbeing of children and the cohesion of your team.
Start times may vary by 15 minutes depending on the Site.
2:45 pm – 6:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
11:45 pm – 6:00 pm on Thursday
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field and /or experience with groups of elementary aged children
- Desire to plan fun and engaging activities for children ages 5-11
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Highly Dependable with a strong work ethic
- Enthusiastic, helpful, positive attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com