We are seeking a Head of Marketing & Communications who is passionate about making change in the world by driving meaningful action through storytelling. You are skilled at crafting messages to different stakeholder groups, you are a strategic thinker who cares about the details and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves. You are excited about having a broad scope of responsibilities and thrive in a fast paced environment. You excel at empowering everyone around you as you’ll be working directly with management, cross-functional team members both in-person and across geographies.
- Tell Harambe’s story to key audiences and stakeholders
- Oversee all global marketing and communication efforts across all channels
- Build, lead and execute marketing strategies
- Manage all of Harambe’s PR and media relations
- Expand Harambe’s reach in key markets
- Position Harambe as a thought leader in areas of high-growth entrepreneurship, impact investing, African economic development and non-profit innovation
- Provide Harambe’s executive team with guidance and preparation for speaking engagements, presentations and publications
- In collaboration with cross-functional team members, plan and execute a variety of events and initiatives to engage partners, community and donors
- Hire and manage a regional recruitment and community team
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, ideally within high-growth companies within the social and private sector
- Demonstrated experience implementing complex marketing initiatives across mediums
- Eager to be based in West Africa (min. 25%)
- Highly creative, analytical with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to manage internal teams and external consultants/agencies to execute on a strategy.
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and with a large degree of ambiguity
- A lifelong learner with an immense curiosity
Communications, Public Relations, Brand Strategy, Marketing Management
The Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance is a network of highly educated, principled, young African CEOs and entrepreneurial leaders known as Harambeans, who are scaling social and business ventures across sectors.
Our vision is to realize the potential of exceptional leaders and leverage their skills and passion to build a peaceful, prosperous and equitable Africa. Our goals are to propel the continent forward through high-growth entrepreneurship by identifying promising young African leaders and connecting them with access to markets, education, capital and support networks.
With the help of exceptional corporate partners, Harambe is now transitioning itself from an all-volunteer effort to a fully staffed and institutionalized entity. Harambe intends to write its next chapter by restructuring, expanding and scaling the value proposition to its members and the communities it operates in.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including an annual stipend
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Frequent business travel opportunities
- International exposure
- A chance to change the world
Minimum Education Required