111 K Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Founded in 1978, the non-profit, National Association for State Community Services Programs’ mission is to build states’ capacity to respond to poverty issues. Our goal is to improve the lives of low income families and strengthen local economies. NASCSP members administer the federally-funded Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) and the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) which serve millions of American families in communities across the country. The Association represents the states in influencing legislation and federal administration policy, as well as in forging working relationships with related organizations in the anti-poverty policy field. For more information, please visit www.nascsp.org.
Title: CSBG Training Specialist
Department: Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
Reports To: CSBG State Assistance Director
The Training Specialist will provide training and technical assistance on CSBG data reporting instruments and other CSBG related topics, assist in the creation of tools, resources, and reports. This role is an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong presentation, analytic, and problem-solving skills who is dedicated to supporting an anti-poverty network achieve better outcomes for people and communities with low incomes. The ideal candidate is a solutions-focused, dedicated team player also able to work independently as required. This person must be experienced with producing training materials and resources and comfortable providing in-person and virtual training. This position requires up to 50% travel and for the right candidate it can be a remote position.
- Design resources and tools that respond to the CSBG Network’s training needs at the state and local levels;
- Develop training materials and publications and standardize content for routine training topics;
- Provide training at state and regional conferences, workshops, webinars, and seminars, including support of off-site and virtual training and technical assistance (up to 50% travel);
- Provide support for program activities such as developing resources and tools for members; and
- Assist with events and NASCSP conferences
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Certified Results Oriented Management Accountability (ROMA) Trainer/Implementer and/or Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP) preferred
- 2-3 years of experience working and training in the CSBG Network, specifically at the state and local level, preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, Prezi, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, WebEx, WordPress, and Survey Monkey
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, with strong attention to detail
Salary Range: $50,000 - $70,000
Interested parties should send their cover letter/resume to NASCSPEmpOps@gmail.com no later than September 21, 2018. Please note the job title “CSBG Training Specialist” in the “Subject” line.
Medical/Dental/Vision, Simple IRA match, vacation accrual, sick day accrual, Federal holidays
Minimum Education Required