Project Citizenship is a nonprofit agency that works collaboratively with community-based partners to help eligible, legal permanent residents overcome barriers to becoming a U.S. citizen. Project Citizenship offers FREE workshops providing eligibility screening, application assistance, legal referrals and all materials needed to apply for U.S. citizenship. In addition, Project Citizenship partner agencies provide a range of support services, including civics instruction, application assistance, and ESOL classes.
The Intake Specialist will support a team of AmeriCorps members and program team to screen and schedule clients for their citizenship appointments. The intake specialist will report directly to the Project Citizenship Coordinators. The Intake Specialist will receive training in citizenship eligibility, application process, fee waivers and disability waivers to be able to work effectively.
Essential Job Functions:
· Day to Day Support
o Answering phones
o Handling mail
o Translate materials and documents from Haitian Creole to English, as needed
· Applicant Support
o Take in-office appointments, as needed
o Assist with case follow-up
o Advocate for clients working to obtain disability waivers from their physicians
o Provide customer service to applicants who need assistance with their case
o Interpret at interviews with USCIS, as needed
o Represent Project Citizenship at community meetings, ESOL classes, religious gatherings to spread the word about our services
1. Bilingual in Haitian Creole and English
2. Detail-oriented, responsible, energetic, self-directed
3. Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan workflows, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, and meet deadlines
4. Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and facility with the internet
5. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
6. Experience with nonprofit organizations in the areas of immigration and knowledge of Greater Boston community a plus
7. High degree of personal and professional integrity
The Intake Specialist will work 15-20 hours a week. Occasional weeknights/weekends.
Project Citizenship is a nonprofit agency that works collaboratively with community-based partners to help eligible, legal permanent residents overcome barriers to becoming a U.S. citizen. Project Citizenship offers FREE workshops…