3925 Chestnut Street
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)—the world’s first Ronald McDonald House—is seeking a dedicated and compassionate individual for the position of Grants Manager. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
About The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Founded in 1974, we are the model for 365 Houses around the globe.
Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and Ronald McDonald Camp.
Between our two House locations, we serve up to 65 families each night. Our Houses offer comfortable rooms and an array of other services, as well as the support of other families who understand what it is like to have a seriously ill child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a respite space away from the bedside to families with children receiving treatment at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Each August, our one-week overnight Ronald McDonald Camp—located in the Poconos—provides the opportunity for over to 200 children with cancer and their siblings to experience the joys of summer camp.
Each year, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region provides 10 percent of our overall operating budget; the remaining 90% is raised through individual, corporate, and foundation support. To learn more, visit www.philarmh.org.
About the Grants Manager
The Grants Manager works as part of the Strategic Initiatives team to support the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House’s fundraising and programmatic goals by advancing our organizational grantseeking strategy. Responsibilities includes development and submission of grant proposals and reports, research and identification of new funding sources, stewardship of existing foundation donors, and implementation and monitoring of awarded grants. This is a particularly exciting time to join our team as we are in the midst of a $50 million capital campaign to more than double the size of our flagship Ronald McDonald House in West Philadelphia to 127 rooms in an effort to serve more families. The Grants Manager collaborates across organizational teams and reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director of Strategic Initiatives to implement all aspects of the organization’s grantseeking strategy
- Develop and manage annual grantseeking calendar
- Craft and submit grant and corporate sponsorship proposals and applications, letters of interest, budgets, supporting documents, and thank you letters, as well as other donor correspondence and written materials
- Steward and expand cultivation of existing foundation donors
- Research, identify, secure, and steward new foundation donors and funding opportunities, with an emphasis on capital, general operating, and program support
- Manage implementation of awarded grants, including monitoring and internal reporting of monthly spending to relevant staff and tracking of outcomes performance
- Develop and submit interim and final grant reports to funders, and assist with all aspects of compliance requirements and reporting for expansion-related government grants
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge donor database to track all foundation interactions
- Work across organizational teams to assist in development of family programming and identification of relevant funding opportunities
- Collaborate with other Strategic Initiatives and Development team members, the Executive Director, and the Board of Directors to support other fundraising-related initiatives and special projects as needed
- Outstanding writing, proofreading, and research abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail, while maintaining a big-picture understanding of broad strategic priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal communication skills, as well as strong solution-oriented problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines while remaining calm under pressure and keeping a positive attitude
- Ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build and foster relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Commitment to continual learning and improvement
- Strong work ethic and desire to take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge database experience preferred
- Familiarity with Philadelphia grant funding and fundraising landscape a plus
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of grant writing, communications, fundraising, project management, and/or program management/administration experience in the non-profit or related field
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Grants Manager. Deadline for expressing interest is Monday, April 2, 2018.