575 Eighth Avenue
About Urban Pathways
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City’s most vulnerable residents – people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our “housing first” approach Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-for-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients and supporters.
About the Supportive Housing Program
The “Housing First” philosophy is the cornerstone of Urban Pathways supportive and permanent housing programs. Urban Pathways helps adults move rapidly into housing from the streets and into housing.
Reporting to the Director of Social Services, the Practical Nurse's duties include:
- Coordinates and oversees self-administration of client medications.
- Serves as liaison with on-site psychiatrist regarding medication management.
- Serves as liaison with pharmacy and client physician as required.
- Conducts field work including but not limited to home visits and escorting clients to appointments.
- Maintains and submits all necessary documents and reports as required by Urban Pathways, regulatory and funding agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and supervisory sessions, as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) required.
- NYS Licensed Practical Nurse required.
- Experience in developing and maintaining medication management systems required.
- Experience in working in psychiatric rehabilitative treatment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Must be able to work a morning schedule.
Urban Pathways offers an attractive benefits package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid holiday, vacation, sick and personal leave benefits
- Health and Dental Plans
- A 403(b) Tax Sheltered-Annuity Plan
- An employer contribution Defined Contribution Profit Sharing Plan (ERISA 404(c))
- NYS Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- NYS Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Supplemental Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Click on the Link Below: