Challah for Hunger (CfH) builds communities inspired and equipped to take action against hunger. Established at Scripps College in 2004, the movement has grown to more than 95 chapters in four countries, baking thousands of loaves per year and donating $1.5 million to anti-hunger nonprofits. CfH also supports an ever-expanding alumni network and partners with national and local organizations to address hunger on college campuses.
CfH seeks a dynamic, visionary, self-directed leader with a passion for advancing CfH’s mission. The CEO will be responsible for overseeing CfH’s strategic vision and operations, with a strong emphasis on taking CfH into its next level of growth. The CEO will provide leadership, working hand-in-hand with staff, volunteers, and the Board of Directors to ensure the organization’s success.
CfH is headquartered in Philadelphia, is governed by a 15 member Board of Directors and has an annual operating budget of approximately $1 million.
● Expand fundraising activities in partnership with the Board and development staff
● Identify and cultivate donors, specifically foundations, corporate partners and individuals
● Build a strong base of donors with the capacity to give between $5,000-$10,000+ annually
● Develop and deliver a compelling case for supporting CfH
● Conduct consistent and ongoing donor stewardship
● Provide strategic vision and leadership for CfH to internal and external stakeholders
● Execute on CfH’s existing strategic plan and work collaboratively with lay leadership and staff on new strategies and initiatives
● Explore and cultivate strategic partnerships with organizations serving in similar spaces including the Jewish communal and hunger advocacy landscapes
● Lead professional team and provide staff members with goals in alignment with the organization’s strategies
● Serve as the spokesperson and brand ambassador for CfH; connect with audiences of students, families and national thought leaders
● Deepen and diversify Board involvement
● Mobilize national network of volunteers to grow a movement grounded in community, philanthropy and advocacy
● Partner with the COO on the day-to-day operations and finances
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
● Demonstrated experience developing and executing fundraising strategies
● Effective and compelling storyteller
● Ability to work independently with a high degree of professionalism and initiative
● Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
● Experience leading a growing organization with passion and compassion
● Demonstrated experience as an effective manager of professional staff and/or volunteers
● Strong Board partnership and/or work with volunteer leadership
● Understanding of social justice and advocacy, including food insecurity/hunger relief and an ability to relate it to tzedakah (charity/justice) and tikkun olam (repairing the world)
This position is based in Philadelphia, although for an exceptional candidate we will consider placement elsewhere. This position will require some travel.
CfH is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We are proud to be an inclusive organization, where everyone is welcome. CfH welcomes applications from people of diverse experiences and encourages people of color and lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people and differently-abled people to apply. No baking experience necessary.
Challah for Hunger (CfH) builds communities inspired and equipped to take action against hunger. Established at Scripps College in 2004, the movement has grown to more than 95 chapters in four countries, baking thousands of loaves per year…
Please submit resumes to the CfH CEO Search Committee at email@example.com with “CfH CEO” in the subject line. Additional details about how your skills and experience might make you a great fit for this position or anything else that you would like the Search Committee to consider may be included in the body of the e-mail that you send. For full consideration, please submit your application by October 4, 2019. The finalists will be asked to submit a sample work product later in the process.
Please submit resumes to the CfH CEO Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CfH CEO” in the subject line. Additional details about how your skills and experience might…