1852 West 22nd Place
The Development Manager has primary responsibilities of stewarding relationships with mid-level donors and volunteer committees in order to meet the fundraising goals of the institution. The Manager will have direct oversight and direction of the Leadership Advisory Council (LAC) of Cristo Rey, the young professionals board of the school. In addition, the Manager is the point of contact and oversees in coordination, with the VP all logistics, of annual fundraising events of Cristo Rey like VIVA, Homecoming Weekend, and Las Mujeres.
o Manage relationships with annual giving portfolio including LAC members, recurring givers, and select donor prospects.
- Support the VP with cultivation of donors through personal visits, written communications, and personalized events.
- In coordination with the VP and other Advancement team members, manage two annual appeal programs at year-end and springtime, both traditional mail appeals and email appeals.
o Manage and lead the LAC membership, and staff executive committee members of the LAC in their work to grow membership, engage donors and volunteers, and fundraising for Cristo Rey via special events and appeals.
- Plan annual calendar of meetings and events, and cultivate relationships with LAC members.
- Empower LAC volunteers to engage personally at CR through time, talent and treasure. Track LAC giving and hold members accountable for annual gifts.
- Manage database of LAC members in Raisers Edge and manage all communications with the LAC via mail, email, social media, etc.
- Onboard new members with events and streamlined, branded information.
o In coordination with the President and VP, assist in management of CR Board of Directors communications, event planning, and cultivation strategies.
- Manage onboarding of new members.
- Assist the President with Board of Director meetings, ranging from compiling board materials, managing the board portal on the Cristo Rey website, managing RSVPs, refreshments, and taking minutes.
o Support the VP for Advancement with event logistics for fundraising events like VIVA, Homecoming Weekend, and Las Mujeres.
- Serve as point of contact with vendors and event consultants as needed.
- Manage event budgets and provide reports to Board of Directors.
- Work in coordination with the Manger of Data and Donor Relations to ensure all donors are acknowledged properly and in a timely manner.
o Drive corporate sponsorship support of events and programs in coordination with the VP and Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Develop financial plan for event gross revenue with VP.
- Manage database of corporate sponsorship contacts in coordination with the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Assist with design of corporate sponsorship benefits related to events.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with sponsor contacts.
o Represent Cristo Rey at community and professional events.
· The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of professional fundraising experience and knowledge.
· Proven background of successful relationship management, both in individual and institutional relationships.
· Strong communications skills.
· Strong interest in career in advancement, and understanding and passion for the mission of Cristo Rey.
· Highly responsible and organized, the candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment of meeting deadlines, managing and prioritizing multiple tasks effectively with others.
· Works as a team member.
· Experience in database management (Raisers Edge preferred.)
· A bachelor's degree is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to: www.cristorey.net/careers.