Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Start Date: Immediate
Application deadline: Open until position filled
The Committee to Protect Journalists is seeking a Program Administration Manager to work closely with the Deputy Executive Director in providing strategic and operational assistance to CPJ’s six regional Programs, its Emergencies, Advocacy and Editorial departments and its Digital Team. The incumbent will also provide support in the general administration of the departments and will lead CPJ’s monitoring and evaluation efforts by tracking and reporting on organization-wide benchmarks, and by ensuring project plans have clear impact objectives.
- Support the work of the regional Programs, Emergencies, Advocacy and Editorial departments and digital team in developing, coordinating, and tracking annual work plans and ad hoc projects and campaigns.
- Work with Program directors to prepare, consolidate and track annual program budgets.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Operations on program budgets and provide regular budget updates to the Deputy Executive Director.
- Support the three-year strategic planning process, coordinate efforts to implement the plan, and track progress towards objectives.
- Provide project management support, designing effective workflows and facilitating cross-functional meetings.
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of CPJ's work by tracking and reporting on organization-wide benchmarks.
- Serve on CPJ’s Crisis Management Team.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve issues, communicating major roadblocks and recommendations to leadership to inform decision-making.
- Prepare analyses, presentations, and other materials for board meetings, speaking engagements, and leadership meetings.
- Write and distribute weekly internal newsletter for directors.
- Manage CPJ’s annual mission and report calendar.
- Oversee travel and accommodation booking systems and ensure compliance with travel policies and procedures.
- Book travel and accommodations for the annual International Press Freedom Awards dinner.
- Support onboarding of new hires.
- Direct special projects as assigned by the Deputy Executive Director.
Experience and Skills
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in administration, accounting, business or related area.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and build consensus with others of different skill sets, backgrounds, and levels.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Hive or similar knowledge of management software.
- 3 -5 years of experience in a similar position.
CPJ is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.