Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team excites you then join us! At Big Sister Association of Greater Boston, we have been helping girls reach their full potential through positive mentoring relationships with women since 1951. We are the largest mentoring organization in Greater Boston exclusively serving girls and an award-winning affiliate of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications serves as a member of the Senior Management Team and is an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Big Sister. In partnership with the CEO and the Board of Directors, this position is responsible for ensuring organization-wide brand alignment and integrity. Working closely with the Strategic Planning Committee of the board is responsible for designing and implementing a targeted marketing strategy.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well- established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
Job responsibilities include:
· Lead the shaping on an institutional vision and compelling message for diversity, equity and inclusion;
· Serve as chief communications advisor to the President + CEO and Board of Directors and other internal leadership;
· Design and execute innovative stakeholder communication strategies to educate and inform the community, current and potential supporters about Big Sister’s activities and accomplishments;
· Create internal and community wide strategic communications, including media/public relations, digital, and print communications, and social media;
· Work with key internal partners to shape and communicate lead messages supporting Big Sister’s strategic priorities;
· Work with President + CEO and Senior Management to articulate key communications outcomes and develop strategies to achieve these outcomes;
· Serve as executive editor for the organization's website;
· Create consistent “look and feel” for all events, including program and fundraising;
· Leverage Search Engine Optimize data to develop and implement content to increase visibility;
· Support transparent, consistent internal communications with staff at all levels of the organization to reinforce a healthy workplace culture;
· Create and implement strategic and measurable integrated communications plans designed to support the organization with multiple priorities and diverse stakeholders;
· Develop digital and data-driven multi-year initiatives that increase fundraising and donor participation; help to grow and track engagement;
· Define and develop metrics against KPI of engagement;
· Cultivate strategies and opportunities for Big Sister to lead, contribute to, and enhance local, national, and international-level substantive, discussions around our values and mission;
· Manage crisis communication;
· Supervise Creative Director.
This position offers entrepreneurial challenges and considerable opportunities for professional growth. The VP of Marketing and Communications will collaborate with senior leadership to develop strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact. The successful candidate will bring the following skills and attributes to the position:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field is required;
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior marketing and communication position;
· Chief Storyteller: you have an exceptional talent for architecting brands by creating and telling compelling brand stories and inviting stakeholders and target audiences to participate in the narrative. You ensure that Big Sister’s brand is strong and consistent in all marketing strategies and tactics;
· Capability Builder: you have experience developing robust marketing capabilities (technology fluency, digital expertise, segmentation, customer data and insights, data analytics). You will be instrumental in building a bridge between consumer data and actualizing strategy.
· Innovation Catalyst: you create breakthrough engagement opportunities/gateways and advance marketing by experimenting with new technology platforms, alternative media, new tools and techniques;
· Chief Analyst: you possess a deep interest and understanding of marketing analytics and have the ability to develop actionable insights in support of Big Sister’s vision;
· Relationship Champion: you believe in the power of relationships and see relationships as key to organizational success. You are committed to the mission and vision and to
· Ability to give and receive feedback as a tool for growth;
· Goal-oriented and willingness to hold self and others accountable;
· Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure;
· Energetic, positive outlook and commitment to Big Sister’s mission;
· A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others.
Please note that all positions are remote until September 2021, when we plan to resume working in our physical office.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Language Skills: Written and oral fluency in English, candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, are strongly encouraged to apply
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA
Compensation: $100,00 – $110,000. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Vice President of Marketing and Communications to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
You can see all Big Sister Boston position openings by going here: https://www.bigsister.org/who-we-are/careers-internships/
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team…