1217-1219 Good Hope Road Southeast
District of Columbia
Calvary Women’s Services is seeking an energetic Development Coordinator who is passionate about fundraising and Calvary’s mission. The Development Coordinator will have opportunities for leadership and professional growth as Calvary increases our fundraising capacity to support significant expansion of our programs.
Calvary Women’s Services Mission and Programs:
Calvary Women’s Services empowers homeless women in Washington, DC, to transform their lives through housing, health, education, and employment programs. Our programs are designed for women who are survivors of violence and trauma, are living with mental illness, or are in recovery from substance addiction. Through personalized services and with peer support, each woman identifies and builds on her own strengths in order to meet her goals for safe housing, good health, and financial independence. With more than thirty years’ experience, we know our model works: every five days, a woman moves from Calvary into her own home with the skills and confidence she needs to succeed.
The Development Coordinator works with the Development Director, Senior Development Coordinator, Communications Coordinator and Executive Director on fundraising and related projects. This team ensures that Calvary can achieve its mission and meet the goals of the annual operating budget and Calvary’s expansion plans.
- Plan and execute cultivation and fundraising events, including the annual Hope Awards Dinner
- Proactively develop and implement a research plan for donors and prospects and create personalized stewardship plans, as appropriate
- Write and send four mail and email appeals annually and other special communications
- Collaborate with the Communications Coordinator to lead online fundraising campaigns
- Maintain database and data entry for financial, in-kind and volunteer contributions and generate timely, personalized acknowledgments
- Collaborate with the operations team on a strategy for soliciting in-kind contributions and lead the solicitation of items for the Hope Awards Auction
- Contribute to Calvary’s blog and social media
- Manage vendors and volunteers who support the work of the Development Team
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or a minimum of three years' of experience
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have a team-oriented mindset and the ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Comfortable giving or receiving constructive, timely, and appropriate feedback
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel, and electronic databases
- Familiarity with homelessness, domestic violence or related issues is a plus
Calvary Women’s Services offers a competitive salary and generous benefits, including: fully paid individual health insurance; life and disability insurance; a 403b retirement savings program; free parking; staff training and professional development opportunities; and a collegial work environment. Calvary is conveniently located with access to several bus lines within one block, Metro within seven blocks, bikeshare across the street, and limited free parking on-site.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email at email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line. Applications should include a cover letter, resume and relevant writing sample.