Building Changes seeks an experienced Senior Research and Evaluation Associate to implement sections of Building Changes’ Research and Evaluation plan. The position will focus on producing applied research relevant for policy and practice on topics identified through collaboration with partners and Building Changes staff with a focus on the housing crisis response and education systems. This position reports to the Director of Research and Evaluation.
The position is located at our office in Seattle, though we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. This position may also require occasional statewide travel once safe.
Building Changes advances equitable responses to homelessness in Washington State, with a focus on children, youth, and families and the systems that serve them.
Building Changes works across and within systems to drive and promote equitable responses that address housing crises experienced by people in Washington State, with a focus on children, youth, and families. We do this by pulling together government, philanthropy, and nonprofits in a collective effort to impact homelessness in Washington State. We act as a driver for innovative strategies that help youth and families emerge out of homelessness and maintain stable housing.
· Develop, implement, and oversee research, evaluation, and data analysis projects, including partner consultation, methodological design, qualitative and quantitative data collection and management, analysis, and interpretation and presentation of findings.
· Create and monitor project task timelines, including managing consultant work processes and products.
· Prepare and negotiate data sharing agreements, IRB applications, and other necessary protocols.
· Working in partnership with Building Changes’ Program, Policy/Advocacy, and Communications staff, write reports for and deliver presentations to layperson and technical audiences. Develop summary materials such as slides, briefs, fact sheets, and interactive data dashboards to share findings with communities and influence policy and practice.
· Working in partnership with Building Changes’ Development staff, provide accurate and relevant research and data to support grant proposals.
· Cultivate and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal staff, project partners, and other researchers and evaluators.
· Review and stay abreast of research literature, methodological developments, and data visualization techniques.
· Summarize and distribute findings internally; provide consultation to staff on research and evaluation principles and methods.
· Represent Building Changes externally at conferences, on committees, in workgroups, and other venues.
· Help shape and refine the Building Changes’ Research and Evaluation strategy.
· At least five (5) years of experience working in an applied research and/or evaluation setting.
· Knowledge and experience working in the housing crisis response and/or education sectors desired.
· Advanced knowledge of scientific qualitative and quantitative research methods and ethical principles.
· A strong commitment to racial equity. Demonstrated experience centering equity in research and evaluation activities desired.
· Experience working in content areas focusing on underserved populations.
· Demonstrated skill in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
· Experience collecting primary data (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups) as well as obtaining, managing, and analyzing large administrative datasets.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills; proven ability to manage multiple, complex projects and move them forward to completion on time.
· Experience managing contracted consultant work.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize complex methods and findings for technical and layperson audiences.
· Ability to work collaboratively within and across interdisciplinary teams.
· Experience blending multiple datasets and developing dashboards in Tableau is preferred.
· Expertise in statistical analysis software and/or programming languages (R, STATA, SPSS, SAS, or other).
· Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online survey products.
Note: In our effort to conduct an inclusive search for qualified candidates, this position does not require an advanced degree. Educational attainment will be considered along with other experience.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume with Subject: Senior Research and Evaluation Associate.
Building Changes is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong organizational commitment to building a diverse workforce.
Building Changes seeks an experienced Senior Research and Evaluation Associate to implement sections of Building Changes’ Research and Evaluation plan. The position will focus on producing applied research relevant for policy and…