Details: Depending on experience
2090 Seventh Avenue
Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF) is a 25 year old education non-profit, whose mission is to change the lives of underserved young people beginning in middle school and continuing in college and beyond through a youth development approach that includes rigorous year-round academic enrichment, social and cultural exposure and constant individual attention. HEAF opens doors by making college a reality for all our students. 100 percent of HEAF’s students finish high school and enroll in college, some 80 percent get college degrees in six years, and a third of those go on to gain advanced academic degrees.
Harlem Educational Activities Fund is seeking a Senior Manager of Finance and Administration who will assist the Director of Finance with meeting monthly reporting deadlines and ensure accuracy of general ledger transactions. S/He will collaborate with the department heads to analyze department finances and budget variances to help keep the company’s costs down. This position will also assist Director of Finance and Administration with management of daily office operations within finance, office management, technology, and human resources divisions.
This individual's primary responsibilities include:
- Payroll: process bi-weekly payroll through ADP Totalsource, maintaining current information on department allocations, wages and benefits.
- Approve all Quick Book data entries for AP, CR and PR, made by entry level finance staff.
- Assist with monthly closing of general ledger – prepare recurring journal entries, bank reconciliations, prepare standard monthly reports.
- Reconciliation of contributions and pledges –reconcile monthly revenues with development department, follow up on outstanding receivables.
- Budgets/Grant reporting -assist with preparation of annual organizational budget and project budgets for grantors, prepare budget variance and compliance reports as requested.
- Assist with facilities management and work with maintenance custodian to ensure office cleanliness and safety.
- Human Resources: coordinate with staff to ensure smooth onboarding of new employees.
- IT –oversee daily operations, liaison with IT vendor to monitor timely closing of tickets, manage communications systems such as security, telephone, internet and Wi fi.
• Punctuality and organizational skills • Ability to multi-task and work with several people at the same time • Excellent written and verbal communications skills • Excellent interpersonal skills • Excellent analytical skills • Proficient with computers in general and experience with MS Office
HEAF offers following benefits to FT employees:
- Health Insurance- medical, dental and vision
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account
- 403b Retirement Plan
- 5 Sick Days
- 12 Holidays
- 18 Flexible Days
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required