As MLT’s Talent Recruitment Director, you will be responsible for sourcing/recruiting top talent to our rapidly growing organization, while acting as a key advisor to our senior leaders and hiring managers around the talent marketplace and optimal candidate profiles for MLT. You will spearhead our staff recruitment strategy, leading the entire talent acquisition lifecycle (supported by an operations associate, whom you will hire and supervise) to continue to scale with the right people in the right seats. Employing your mastery of talent matching, you will build a robust, diverse pipeline of exceptional talent at all levels of the organization; advise MLT leaders on hiring; and ensure a best-in-class candidate experience from initial conversation to offer acceptance. You will also oversee the talent acquisition function’s key systems and processes.
If you love employing both traditional and non-traditional marketing and recruitment strategies to source top talent; judiciously evaluating candidates and presenting evidence-backed recommendations to hiring managers; and compelling people to join an important cause, we would love to talk to you!
We are seeking a talented storyteller who uses a marketing mindset to craft effective recruitment strategies in alignment with our brand story and bar of excellence. The ideal candidate is a keen evaluator of talent, who can quickly grasp the MLT “bar” for talent and ensure that we bring on exceptional individuals who are aligned with our values and who match our team’s functional needs. Of particular importance, you will understand how to assess potential candidates against our hiring requirements (often focused on professional services and/or corporate backgrounds, given that we are training talent for similar careers and managing partnerships with top-tier firms and business schools). To do so, you will draw from your talent acquisition strategy and client-services experience to develop, communicate, and implement effective recruitment strategies in the pursuit of hiring goals. In the process, you will measure success by assessing, among other things, the time it takes to close searches, identifying the key levers and addressing bottlenecks along the way; the strength of the various search pipelines resulting from your job marketing and sourcing efforts; and hiring manager satisfaction with your strategic and tactical guidance throughout the hiring process.
This role is an excellent leadership opportunity for someone with a track record of success in recruiting, who is excited about being at the forefront of this work at a growing mission-driven organization. As our lead hiring expert, you will hone your strategic advising skills as you guide MLT’s managers through the talent resourcing process, helping to staff their teams for optimal performance. If you are energized by our mission to develop outstanding diverse leaders and help top global companies increase the diversity of their talent pipelines, and are able to translate this enthusiasm and commitment into effective and inspiring conversations with candidates, then we want to hear from you.
This role will report to the Vice President and will be based in our Bethesda, MD office.
Responsibilities: Candidate Sourcing, Cultivation, and Hiring
- Develop and execute tailored hiring strategies to attract top-notch, diverse, and mission-aligned talent from innovative and traditional channels by: a) leveraging staff, Fellow, and alumni networks for referrals; b) researching and contacting candidates using LinkedIn Recruiter; c) posting on relevant job boards; d) attending events to promote our career opportunities and meet prospective candidates; e) cultivating long-term relationships with strong pipeline prospects; f) using social media platforms to build awareness about open roles; and g) developing partnerships with top-tier consulting firms (MLT partner organizations) to leverage part-time and consulting talent at low/no cost
- Create candidate-centric job descriptions aligned with MLT’s core values and each role’s specific needs
- Oversee interview process to ensure a positive experience, from phone screen to hire
- Develop and implement case interview assessment techniques and incorporate other leading candidate evaluation approaches into the selection process
- Work with the Chief Human Capital Officer and Vice President to develop, present, and negotiate offers and coordinate onboarding processes, focusing on ensuring "win-win" outcomes for all parties
Responsibilities: Internal Communication
- Lead job scope alignment conversations and clearly define role requirements and ideal candidate profiles upfront with input from key stakeholders, from hiring manager to CEO
- Present candidate recommendations to hiring managers/interviewers regarding candidates, outlining potential gaps in their qualifications and areas to probe further
- Support hiring managers throughout the recruitment and interview process, working to refine interview guides and candidate competency rubrics to ensure the process is effectively structured to generate a top candidate pool
- Partner with senior leadership to forecast future hiring needs, taking into account internal talent pipeline and projected career progression
Responsibilities: Operational Management
- Supervise junior operations associate
- Craft and manage talent acquisition budget
- Track and measure recruitment and selection data, using Lever Hire, and integrate key learnings to improve recruiting and hiring approaches and inform strategic changes
- Define and refine key success metrics and quarterly and annual reporting goals
- Ensure that talent acquisition policies and practices are consistent with relevant state and federal employment regulations
- BA/BS required; 7+ years of cumulative work experience, with a strong preference for 3+ years of recruiting/talent acquisition experience, or experience in a talent-related function within a leading professional services or corporate environment
- Full-cycle experienced hire recruiting experience strongly preferred (i.e., sourcing and cultivating talent from various recruiting channels as well as interviewing and hiring talent)
- Experience forecasting hiring needs to inform pipeline development strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills with the ability to build buy-in and influence others to action
- Ability to manage confidential information with professional maturity
- Demonstrated commitment to MLT’s philosophy and mission
Note: MLT does not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Minimum Education Required