65 S. 4th Street
Do you have a passion to help others and work with children in your community? Do you want to turn your passion into a career? We need you to come and help us to grow! Our organization is opening a new after-school site in Westerville, and we need someone to lead the program. This is a full-time twelve month per year position.
- Plan and implement daily activities and projects for youth in grades K-5 in alignment with the Ohio K-12 Academic Guidelines. Ensure compliance with all agency and Ohio Department of Job and Family Services licensing requirements and accreditation standards.
- Interact with parents to keep them informed of program activities, special events, and address questions and concerns. Develop and maintain school and community partnerships.
- Direct on-site supervision of all staff, including hiring, performance evaluations, training and mentoring.
- Purchase necessary equipment and supplies and operates within specified monthly budget. Maintain expense reports and submit to Kids Place Program Administrator monthly. Assist Program Director in the development of annual marketing plan.
- Four-year degree in Elementary Education, Child Development, Recreation or related field; or a two-year degree in Child Development combined with childcare experience; minimum 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in Child Development/Early Childhood Education.
- Minimum one year experience working with school-age children
- Must be able to recognize and act upon any hazard to a child’s safety and well-being
- Desire to further the mission of YWCA Columbus: To eliminate racism and empower women
- Prior supervisory experience
- Knowledge of child development
- Familiarity with ODJFS Licensing Regulations
Familiarity with Step Up to Quality
- Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Retirement Plan and 401k
- Discounted child care for your children
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required