111 E. Wacker Dr
Internal Organizing Manager
Service Employees International Union, Local 1
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice. We are now hiring an Internal Organizing Manager in Chicago to work on exciting campaigns to organize thousands of workers and to build power for working families across the Midwest.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
● Train and develop teams of staff and members to carry out campaign plans.
● Oversee and supervise daily operations, including strategic oversight of worksite visits and member involvement.
● Supervise and develop Local staff and provide training on Internal Organizing, Leadership Development, and Contract Enforcement.
● Track performance of several teams, identifying, planning and executing trainings as necessary.
● Leading staff by example, setting high standards of performance and holding organizers accountable for results.
● Creating and managing winning campaigns in coordination with the appropriate departments and union officers.
● Oversee and plan campaigns to develop union markets and increase density above 80% in all of our industries.
● Assist in developing campaign plans and messaging for multiple companies, regions, and staff teams.
● Articulating a positive vision of the project and of the union.
● Coordinate large-scale actions involving member-leaders and stewards.
● Other duties as assigned (e.g. strike planning and support).
● At least five (5) years of experience directing large union organizing campaigns, leading or supervising staff and holding them accountable.
● Experience running and planning organizer trainings.
● Supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
● Excellent oral and written advocacy skills, including public speaking experience.
● Willingness to travel, work long, irregular hours, nights, and weekends.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and database software, preferably VAN.
● Ability to establish and maintain rapport and credibility with diverse groups.
● A demonstrated commitment to social justice.
● A car and a valid driver’s license are required.
SALARY & BENEFITS
● Salary is competitive and negotiable.
● Full benefits package including health insurance, pension plan and paid vacation.
● Car allowance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter at: http://seiu1.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2kqigcath9m