Full-Time Paid Research Fellowships Available
Are you looking to gain experience fighting for economic justice? Do you love investigating tough questions, and do you have the tenacity and commitment to stick with a campaign until you win? If you answered “yes” to these questions, we’d love to hear from you.
The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ is looking for people who want to work as full-time research fellows for six months to support the Union’s organizing campaigns. The Fellows will be paid $20 per hour.
One available position supports organizing campaigns for janitorial, security, and food service workers in New Jersey and will split time between our Newark Office and our New York City Office. Another available position supports the airports organizing campaign in New York and New Jersey and will be based primarily in our New York City office.
Be part of exciting drives to win significant wage gains, health insurance, full-time work and organizing rights, for low-wage workers, as well as campaigns to protect workers’ jobs. 32BJ Research Fellows will work with our members, the Union’s research, organizing, political, field and legal team, and community partners to develop and implement strategies and tactics to advance campaign goals.
32BJ SEIU is the largest property service union in the country with 163,000 members across eleven states and the District of Columbia. Our membership includes cleaners, doormen, porters, maintenance workers, window cleaners, security officers, food service workers, superintendents, and theater and stadium workers. 32BJ members come from 64 countries and speak 28 different languages, but are united in a single fight for fairness and decency for the region's working families.
- Conducting industry, company and individual research
- Direct support of organizing actions, such as rallies, community meetings and press conferences
- Data entry and analysis
- Drafting testimony and other campaign materials
- Strong commitment to progressive social change
- Strong technical research and quantitative skills
- Experience with a variety of computer-based research tools, especially Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Strong work habits and ability to work both independently and under close supervision.
- Previous community or labor organizing experience is a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Having a car is a plus
Research Fellows will be paid $20 per hour.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Local 32BJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a cover letter, a resume, and a brief writing sample to: email@example.com.