3150 N. San Fernando Rd.
Position Reports to: BINGO MANAGER
The BINGO/Snack Bar Cashier is responsible to assist with BINGO operations activities and running the Snack Bar. This involves running our cash register for admission, supporting the team with running a smooth BINGO game, reconciliations of accounts, and providing quality customer service to patrons and volunteers. A Food Handler’s Certificate is required to work in the Snack Bar. We are willing to train and have you complete your Servsafe Food Handler’s Certificate, although someone with this certification and experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential job activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible to manage cash registers, reconcile cash and accounts
- Responsible to assist with the coordination and implementation of bingo promotions
- Responsible to provide floor supervision duties
- Responsible to sell BINGO game supplies and to account for patron change and agency daily totals with accuracy
- Responsible to ensure patron satisfaction by executing quality customer service always
- Responsible for maintaining operational guidelines in keeping with state/Fed mandated health and safety codes, and other legislation
- Responsible for motivating and training volunteers
- Responsible for the understanding and implementation of gaming regulations and being aware of any new legislation;
- Responsible to achieve customer and sales targets;
- Preparing and Serving Food from the Snack Bar which also includes pre-packaged snacks and/or drinks.
- Preparing Coffee, Hot Water and filling the free ice on a regular basis.
- Stocking, cleaning the Snack Bar and obeying and maintaining the Proper Health Codes that are required for the Snack Bar.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- BA preferred
- Cash management or related experience
- Servsafe Food Handling Certification
- Three to Five years relevant experience
- Proven success in cash management skills
- Diplomatic conflict resolution skills
- Must work in a realm of high integrity garnering trust
- Must be incredibly detail-oriented, able to handle many tasks at once, and possess excellent communication skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Food Handling Experience
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend and drive. Job requires frequent verbal and computer communication. Computer, telephone and fax use are frequently required.
Working Location: Location is based on a percentage of where work time is spent.
Indoors--100% Travel (local) – 00%
Hours and Benefits: Part-time Non-Exempt position (25 hrs/week). Flexible work schedule: Sun-Sat frequent evening and weekend work required. No Benefits.
Minimum Education Required