287 East 10th Street
Position: Manager of Special Events
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is one of New York’s oldest and most well-respected youth development organizations and we are moving forward with an exciting and ambitious strategic agenda. Building on over 140 years of helping boys develop into quality young men, we offer programs that help boys and young men stay in school and go on to college, discover their individual musical and artistic talent, develop healthy minds and bodies, learn leadership skills, and just have fun. We are committed to developing evidence-based programs that will be a model for youth development efforts across the field. To make this happen, we are adding to our strong team of talented professionals to deepen and broaden our impact.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Director of Special Events, the Manager of Special Events is responsible for raising over $400K through the Golf Outing and Fall Dance Junior Party. The Manager of Special Events also oversees donor cultivation events, volunteer opportunities, and stewardship events.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Serves as the lead event planner for the Golf Outing and Fall Dance Junior Party including handling all logistics and leading planning meetings with co-chairs, committee members, and staff.
- Manages logistics for all BCNY special events. Tasks include: site logistics, timelines, maintaining guest lists and seating assignments, contract negotiations, vendor relations, and onsite supervision.
· Works with clubhouse staff to plan and oversee a series of cultivation and stewardship events, and volunteer opportunities to engage current and prospective donors, Board members, Young Advocates Circle, and Alumni Circle members.
· Staffs the Young Advocates Circle Fundraising and Special Events Committee with the Manager of Individual Giving.
· Tracks RSVPs for special events and follows-up with outstanding guests.
· Creates and maintains mailing lists for invitations.
· Coordinates staffing plans for all major fundraising events.
· Works as part of the Special Events team to staff approximately 50-60 events annually.
· Assists with supervising and providing tasks to Special Events Associate.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years’ experience in development and/or special events required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Confidence and poise to work effectively with high level donors and Board members.
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and ability to handle multiple projects with attention to organization and detail.
· Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Must be able to work some late nights and weekends when necessary.
· Works efficiently and demonstrates adaptability under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, collaboration, and problem solving.
· Fluent in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resume and cover letter required