Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard
Nest foster parent
A commitment to helping children with severe trauma
Have you ever considered becoming a foster parent? Boys & Girls Aid launched a unique program called the Nest that helps children in foster care with high needs. The Nest serves children between 0-9-years-old that are in need of emergency shelter. They are coming from traumatic experiences and will have complex emotional and behavioral needs. Due to the high needs, the program offers 24/7 professional support tailored to meet the foster family and child’s needs.
Serving as a foster parent with Boys & Girls Aid staff, you will become a stable, safe and loving home for small children who haven’t felt safe in a very long time.
- $100 per night
- Male and female youth age 0-9-years-old
- Coming from extreme trauma
- Length of stay: 1-9 months or more
- Two days of paid respite per month Built in paid time-off for foster parents
- Must live in Portland with a preference of Southeast Portland.
- Willing to accept children with a variety of challenging behaviors.
- Willing to work with a team of professionals to ensure the best possible outcomes for children.
- Must be able to effectively manage difficult behaviors.
- Must be able to do therapeutic holds for children experiencing.
- Must have a separate bedroom in your home for the youth.
- Must possess a valid driver's license from state of residence (Oregon), personal automobile liability insurance, and pass a DMV driving record check.
- Must successfully pass the Department of Human Services (DHS) criminal background check and, if applicable, fingerprinting.
If you are interested in learning more about the Nest, please contact Kathryn Carnell at 503.542.2312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in learning more about the Nest, please contact Kathryn Carnell at 503.542.2312 or email@example.com