5 West 63rd Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking a seeking a detail-oriented individual to support our benefits team by performing all administrative tasks required to administer employee benefits programs. Major responsibilities are listed below.
- Administer all employee benefit programs which include processing enrollments, terminations and changes.
- As the primary point person for all levels of staff in regards to benefits eligibility, claims resolution and plan summary explanations.
- Responsible for HRIS (Oracle) data entry, troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Function as the primary administrator of the commuter benefit program.
- Interface with insurance carriers and other vendors as necessary.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and timely payment of all benefit bills, including quarterly audits of all carrier websites.
- Assist in all phases of the open enrollment process which includes presenting the highlights of the current/new benefit programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of all benefit related reports – including Affordable Care Act tracking reports.
- Conduct new hire orientation for Association Office staff.
- Train new HR and Business Office staff on applicable HRIS modules.
- Update and maintain personnel files.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 6 month of experience in benefits administration a must.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid platform and presentation ability.
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Oracle is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Benefits and HRIS Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Human Resources Department
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.