Details: Salary Based on Experience + Benefit Package
270 East Second Street
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community.
Freedom House is a state of the art emergency shelter for domestic violence survivors with or without disabilities. Freedom House works with women, children and men. Freedom House program consists of a multi-disciplinary team which includes Social Workers, Case Managers, Housing and Entitlements Specialist, Occupational Therapy Team, Childcare Workers, LPN, consulting Psychiatrist, and 24 hour security staff. Residents receive individual counseling for adults and children, support groups, safety planning, case management, housing assistance, occupational therapy and financial clinic services, onsite childcare, and advocacy within the medical, mental health, child welfare, law enforcement, and criminal justice systems. The Social Work staff receives on going clinical supervision both individually and in a group setting.
Social workers report to the Director of Social Services and are responsible for:
- Conducting telephone intake screenings of calls coming in from the domestic violence hotline and other community partners
- Complete comprehensive service plans for residents and ensure appropriate follow-up activities related to service plan goals and benchmarks
- Providing individual and group counseling with shelter residents
- Collaborate with the Freedom House interdisciplinary team
- Participating in clinical meetings and trainings
- Conduct outreach
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of resident statistics and case notes
- Share telephone on call rotation with Social Workers( once every 5 week)
- Will be required to work one weekday evening and a Saturday once every 5 weeks
- LMSW or equivalent degree, with counseling and case management experience.
- Experience with victims of domestic violence and/or familiarity with disability issues preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, residential environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking required/ ASL knowledge a Plus
Start Date: ASAP
Position Available: Full Time
Hours: 35 hours per week, one evening per week, work one Saturday, on call social worker one week per month (flexible)
Salary Based on Experience
Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays and more.
Medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Package, Paid vacation, sick personal and holiday time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website at: