1333 H Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Independent, intercultural, entertaining, and uncensored, Mosaic Theater Company of DC is committed to making transformational, socially-relevant art, to producing plays by authors on the front lines of conflict zones, and to building a fusion community to address some of the most pressing issues of our times.
Mosaic Theater Company of DC seeks a Development Assistant to help grow this remarkably successful $2.5M non-profit theater company in the Nation’s Capital. Mosaic is committed to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access throughout the organization and in all aspects of its programming. See www.mosaictheater.org for more information.
Mosaic produces 8 provocative, intercultural plays a year and aspires to contribute to the civic dialogue of our city and our nation through art. All Mosaic productions are supported by rigorous and engaging public programming providing opportunities for audience engagement and education.
Now in its fourth season at the Atlas Performing Arts Center on H Street Northeast, Mosaic has a diverse 25-member Board of Directors and staff of 14 full and part-time employees. The organization is led by Founding Artistic Director Ari Roth, Managing Director/Producer Serge Seiden, and Associate Artistic Director Victoria Murray Baatin.
The primary objectives of this position are to provide administrative, research and organizational support to the Development Team and help Mosaic raise $1.6M in contributed revenue. The position reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Institutional Giving Manager.
- Forge relationships with corporate sponsors, community businesses, restaurants, and influencers;
- Represent Mosaic at Development and Public Programming events;
- Assist with Opening Nights and other special events;
- Manage Renewal efforts for entry- and mid-level donors;
- Generate solicitation materials for donor meetings;
- Conduct prospect research;
- Copy edit grant applications;
- Maintain Patron Manager and Mailchimp databases;
- Help develop Mosaic’s volunteer corps.
- 2 years of experience in fundraising with a demonstrated track record of success;
- Excellent grammar and writing skills. Please send writing samples with cover letter.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to meet hard deadlines and balance multiple high-priority projects;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google suites;
- Knowledge of PatronManager and WealthEngine a plus;
- Directed and self-starting attitude with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Passion for theater and community building.
Mosaic Theater Company of DC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants who understand and embrace the Mosaic’s mission to make transformational and socially-relevant art.
- Health Insurance benefits.
- Three weeks paid annual leave.
Minimum Education Required