District of Columbia
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective health policy expert to play a critical role in analyzing legislation, regulations, & guidance, as well as developing and executing plans to respond to federal and state policies that support or inhibit people's ability to access comprehensive reproductive health services, particularly in the areas of pharmacy and drug pricing. Reporting to the Deputy Director, Public Policy, this position will be responsible for spearheading rapid response plans to legislative and regulatory developments; working cross-departmentally and with coalition partners to develop goals, strategies, and tactics to defend and secure policies that support access to women's health services and women's health providers, and protecting Planned Parenthood's ability participate in federal health programs. The Policy Analyst will have significant experience driving work around complicated, technical issues of health policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Tracks developments in pharmacy policy, including federal and state regulations, guidance, and legislation; evaluates and communicates to PPFA leadership, affiliates and lawmakers the impact of policy on access to women's health care and reproductive health services, particularly around Medicaid drug reimbursement, 340B Drug Pricing Program, nominal drug pricing; value-based payment for pharmacy, etc.
· Quickly responds to policy developments by informing and engaging broader team and coalition partners, as well as recommending and driving appropriate responses.
· Produces detailed, written analysis, memos, fact sheets and toolkits on health care policy and prepares comments and letters responding to proposed policies.
· Consistently expands knowledge of and expertise around emerging and complex health care delivery issues, both those directly related to women's health care and those rooted in changes to the larger system.
· Plays integral role in developing and implementing strategies to advance designated policy portfolio and to protect Planned Parenthood affiliates' participation in state and federal health programs.
· Works closely with Planned Parenthood affiliates to guide and engage them in their efforts to improve access to health care at the state level, respond to state and federal policy developments, and ensure compliance with federal regulations and other pharmacy billing and dispensing requirements.
· Works collaboratively with other PPFA departments and divisions, including helping drive and inform media strategy around the 340B drug pricing program and other pharmacy issues and developments.
· Develops and co-leads legislative strategy, in collaboration with legislative team and coalition partners, educates legislative champions.
· Convenes, leads and actively participates in relevant coalitions and builds and maintains relationships with industry stakeholders.
· Provides timely and comprehensive reports to PPFA senior staff on project progress and breaking developments.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
· Bachelor's degree required; JD or other advanced degree strongly preferred.
· 5-7 years relevant experience, including expertise in health and pharmacy policy.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
· Experience developing, leading and executing policy plans, including leading coalition efforts.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
· Ability to both "get in the weeds" and see the larger picture, including strong ability to apply broad concepts to specific situations.
· Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively and contribute to multiple projects with competing deadlines.
· Impeccable verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain complicated policy issues to variety of audiences.
· Experience working in women's health or reproductive health is a plus.
· Passion for health care and PPFA's mission.
· Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Minimum Education Required