District of Columbia
The Senior Associate is primarily responsible for supporting the mission of FasterCures by assisting with research and convening, informing, and educating external audiences. The Senior Associate will work with internal and external individuals to help solve challenges around identifying roadblocks to medical research and access to innovation for patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports senior staff in conducting both qualitative and quantitative research on key topics in biomedical research, regulatory approval, and payment policies that impact innovation both in the US and globally.
- Synthesizes and analyzes reports, presentations, publications, and other materials to assess trends and track progress in biomedical R&D.
- Develops initial drafts of publications and presentations for both internal and external audiences.
- Assists with events that engage key external thought leaders, including identification of potential attendees and presenters, outreach, and development of content in support of the event.
- Aids in identifying, researching, and cultivating strategic relationships and prospective supporters/funders.
- Develops ideas and builds relationships for potential outreach, programming, and convenings.
- Supports communications staff in the framing of publication for FasterCures’ audiences.
- Serves as project manager for grants, long-term, and short-term projects.
- Adheres to the Institute’s mission, policies, and general safety practices, including any unique safety practices for the department and/or building.
- Safeguards and keeps any information, observations, or viewpoints regarding Institute business and employee matters confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Utilize problem-solving skills.
- Use proper English spelling, grammar, punctuation, and diction.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Use proper communication style and customer service methods over the phone and in-person with high professionalism.
- Expert user in Microsoft Suite 2007 or higher (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Brilliant troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed.
- Desire to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
Experience & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years “hands-on” experience with above technologies in an office environment.
- At least 3 years experience or strong interest in public health, health policy, patient engagement, data sharing, or medical research related fields.
Working Conditions & Travel Requirements:
This position will work in a professional office environment. This person will also be required to travel occasionally to other offices and/or venues to assist with events as needed, requiring occasional work outside of traditional hours. International along with domestic travel is possible.
Commensurate with experience
FasterCures, a Washington, DC-based center of the Milken Institute, is a globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank, whose mission is to save lives, by saving time. The Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health and is headquartered in Santa Monica, California. FasterCures focuses on cutting through the roadblocks that slow medical progress by: expanding the science of patient input; fostering policies to support biomedical innovation; and spurring cross-sector collaboration in research to get better outputs.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Competative benefits package, including 403(B).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should upload resume and cover letter at http://www.milkeninstitute.org/about/careers/view/167