One Museum Hill Road
Storm King Art Center seeks a Development & Database Coordinator to join a growing team and organization.
About Storm King Art Center
Storm King Art Center is a 500-acre outdoor museum located in New York's Hudson Valley, where visitors experience large-scale sculpture and site-specific commissions under open sky. Since 1960, Storm King has been dedicated to stewarding the hills, meadows, and forests of its site and surrounding landscape. Building on the visionary thinking of its founders, Storm King supports artists and some of their most ambitious works. Changing exhibitions, programming, and seasons offer discoveries with every visit.
For additional information, visit www.stormking.org.
About the Role
Storm King Art Center is seeking a Development & Database Coordinator to join its growing External Affairs (EA) department. This new position will report to the External Affairs Operations Manager and will support the External Affairs department by accurately maintaining database records, providing reports, and processing gifts, amongst other responsibilities.
Development & Database Coordinator
Primary responsibilities include accurately and efficiently entering and maintaining donor and gift records in the database; producing reports as needed; producing acknowledgement letters, receipts, and pledge reminders. The Development & Database Coordinator will accurately maintain records and information in the CRM database (Altru) and offer support for information management and gift processing. The Coordinator responds to requests for information, including but not limited to queries, dashboard reports, and revenue and constituent giving summaries. Additional responsibilities include coordinating EA department meetings and reports, meetings for the EA Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Verify, enter, and maintain biographical information in the database from a variety of sources including forms, mailings, address change cards, email, staff, etc.
- Manage hard copy and digital files for External Affairs.
- Process and record gifts; ensure accuracy, data integrity, and maintain confidentiality.
- Oversee and support regular communication with finance department to complete accurate quarterly reconciliations with department managers and assistants.
- Produce acknowledgement letters, receipts, and pledge reminders in a timely manner.
- Research and respond to staff and donor inquiries on records and gifts.
- Produce reports as needed.
- Compose general correspondence and provide clerical support for External Affairs operations.
- Coordinate External Affairs team meetings, including overall strategy and planning meetings.
· Assist with Board Committee scheduling, logistics, material preparation, and planning specific to the External Affairs Committee.
· Coordinate fundraising communications across all areas to ensure that effective and timely communications are upheld, including acknowledgements, welcome packets, calendar mailings, interim reports, and other communications with donors.
· Other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 years of experience in development operations or similar capacity.
- Experience with SQL or CRM databases. Altru or other Blackbaud database experience preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality is required.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills including Microsoft Office. Willingness to learn and use technology to streamline and improve reporting.
- The capacity and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with donors and other constituencies is essential.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Excellent relationship-building skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders including VIP donors, artists, senior management team and Board of Trustees
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience planning, executing, monitoring and completing multiple projects at a time. The ability to coordinate internal resources and third parties to ensure that projects are completed on-time.
Successful candidates will have enthusiasm for Storm King’s programming and mission, complemented by a background in development operations. Experience in arts or cultural institutions preferred. Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Works in an office environment
- Frequently sits for long periods of time
- Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
- Must be able to work and walk outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Requires standing, lifting, stooping, or bending
- Works on weekends and evenings during the season for special events
This position is eligible for the full benefit package including a generous paid time off program, medical, dental, vision, 403(b), and more.
Minimum Education Required