590 Avenue of the Americas
The Foundling reaches 27,000 children and families each year in all five boroughs of New York City, surrounding counties, and Puerto Rico. Established in 1869, our vision is a community where every person, regardless of background or circumstance, enjoys the safe, stable, and supportive relationships needed to reach his or her full potential. To achieve this, we provide evidence-based and evidence-informed programs that focus on keeping families together; preventing abuse and neglect; providing academic support for children; and giving people with developmental disabilities the tools and training they need to lead independent lives. For more information please visit www.nyfoundling.org.
The Human Resources Assistant will work as part of the Human Resources team to facilitate the processing of CDRs, SCRs, check requests and process employment verifications. In addition, the HR assistant will also provide support in the processing of new hires and provide general office support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitate the onboarding process by completing the following tasks.
· Prepare the conference room for orientation and all needed packages
· Review all new hire files to ensure all documentation and forms associated with new hires (i.e. I9, SCR, PCN’s, Benefits etc.) is included with the employee files and entered in the system
· Lead the Orientation Meeting and facilitate the Praesidium training
· Create and monitor a list of missing documentation that needs to be collected from the newly hired employees
Provide General HR Office support by completing the following tasks:
· Greet candidates/employees and assist them with any information needed
· Answer main HR phone line, file, fax, and copy as needed
· Create all new and replacement ID’s
· Providing back up for all other assistant tasks in their absence
· Process onboarding for all unpaid interns, temps, Housekeeping Contractors and volunteers (including criminal history checks and ID creation)
· Respond to all DD SCR forms and MHL requests related to investigations
· Manage all SCR responses and UltiPro entries
· Process all check requests and credit card purchases
· Distribute all incoming mail and faxes to the department
· Send out employment reference letters when Work Number is not available
· Provide backup for unemployment hearing requests
· Assistance with CDR/Grievance/litigation/Suspension tracking and file maintenance
· Manage Service Awards event
· Monitor office supplies and order all office supplies on a weekly basis with a checklist
· Maintain Supply area and copy machine well stocked
· All other duties as assigned
· BA degree in Human Resources or related field;
· Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience required
· Must be a self-starter and comfortable working independently;
· Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and work within short deadlines;
· Must be willing to travel throughout New York City using public transportation;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required;
· Knowledge of HRIS and other HR-related data systems is strongly preferred;
· Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly at <img src="//:0" alt="https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/images/pixel.gif" height="1" width="1"> <img src="//:0" alt="https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/images/pixel.gif" height="1" width="1"><img src="//:0" alt="https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/images/pixel.gif" height="1" width="1">https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2515.