ACHIEVEability, a member of Mission First Housing Group
Overall Purpose and Objective of Position:
The Workforce Development Coordinator will manage and expand ACHIEVEability’s workforce development program, WorkSmart West Philly. The WDC is responsible for engaging participants in all aspects of career planning and development through 1:1 coaching, group workshop facilitation, vocational assessments, skill-building group workshops, and direct connection to employers and training opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide career development and supportive services to individuals who are unemployed or underemployed with: participant employment plans, vocational assessments, job readiness and soft skill development, job searching and employee rights and responsibilities workshops
- Create network of employers, and develop jobs database with available position to provide direct connection to jobs.
- Develop and maintain links with professionals, other nonprofits, and create guide for training and certification programs administered by partners in complementary programs in the city.
- Develop and facilitate onsite job readiness programming, including: resume and cover letter development, digital literacy, professional etiquette, and soft skills training as well as coordination of trainings by external partners.
- Maintain complete and accurate information in participant files and database.
- Meet program participation benchmarks, and participation goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in workforce development, human services, community organizing, sales, or other related fields
· Commitment to the mission of ACHIEVEability
- Comfort working in and around West Philadelphia
- Self-starter with positive attitude and willingness to take initiative
- Excellent listening, observation, reading, verbal, nonverbal and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and exercise tact and self-control
- Ability to complete documentation accurately
- Willing to work evenings or weekends, as needed
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, internet and email
- Has a reliable car with insurance and a valid driver's license
Geographic Location of Work:
- Office work will be performed primarily one of the 5 ACHIEVEability offices and throughout the West Philadelphia area. Networking and trainings will take place at various locations in the Greater Philadelphia area.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is performed in a general office environment. Networking and training are performed at various locations in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- The position entails 37.5 hours of work per week. General hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 8:30am-5pm. The need to offer services to participants at times convenient and accessible to participants requires work outside regular business hours. As such, there will be regular evening and weekend hours.
Dental insurance (Company Paid)
403B (Company Paid)
Life Insurance (Company Paid)
Short and long term disability (Company Paid)
Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume