Details: Americorps VISTA Living Stipend
2014 5th Avenue
Kids Creative is a nonprofit organization that provides unique artistic opportunities to NYC youth. Our mission is to foster creative, critical thinking, academic, and peer leadership skills in children and young adults through a wide range of arts-based peace educations programs. Kids Creative programs focus on developing confidence and strong communication skills through music, theater and visual arts. Over 1,000 youth are served each year through afterschool programs, summer camps and free workshops. Adhering to the principle "All ideas are good," Kids Creative's programs empower students ages 4-18 to create their own original musical productions; developing characters, writing scripts, composing music and performing with the help of professional teaching artists. Through this process, students learn to express themselves, take creative risks, collaborate, and have fun. Over 80% of Kids Creative participants’ families are eligible for free and reduced lunch, indicating high levels of financial need and the inability to pay for extra programming outside of the school day, so after school and summer programs are provided for free or at a heavily reduced cost.
The Earned Income and Marketing Associate VISTA will work in our main office in Harlem in NYC, with the goal of helping to increase visibility for our organization and raising much needed supplemental income. Experience with marketing, communications, sales and/or arts education is a major plus. They will gain great experience working in a growing mid-size nonprofit making a great impact on NYC youth. Learn the in’s and out’s of running an education nonprofit and also with “selling” unique programs to different populations.
The Earned Income and Marketing Associate VISTA will work to improve our current marketing and communications strategies by creating cohesive messaging across all of our programs and marketing programs to different populations.
Their duties will include:
- Planning and running free events to build awareness of Kids Creative programs,
- Reaching out to local and national press to increase awareness of Kids Creative programs,
- Managing Kids Creative’s social media accounts and overseeing social media interns,
- Connecting with the families we serve to ensure consistent messaging across all of our programs,
- Promoting earned income opportunities such as Kids Creative workshops, birthday parties and summer camp to companies and families throughout NYC,
- Working with the Development team to promote and produce Kids Creative’s fundraising campaigns and events,
- Maintaining database pertaining to earned income and marketing opportunities.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft applications and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop, iMovie, and InDesign a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Experience with or interest in Marketing, Sales, Social Media, Nonprofit Management, Fundraising, or Arts Education all a plus!
Americorps VISTA: Americorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a full-time, year-long service commitment to eradicating poverty in the United States. This position is from August 6, 2018 – August 2019.
· A living stipend in the amount of $20,641 annually,
· Choice of either an Education Award of $5,920 or a cash stipend of $1,800 upon completion of service,
· 10 sick days and 10 vacation days, not including paid holidays,
· Unlimited Monthly Metrocard,
· Relocation Assistance (if eligible),
· Childcare Assistance (if eligible),
· Student Loan Deferment/ Forbearance (if eligible),
· 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment,
· Networking Opportunities,
· Professional Development & Training,
· Healthcare benefits*
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required, proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Earned Income and Marketing Associate VISTA."
*Please note that accepted candidates will be required to submit an application, including references, in the Americorps VISTA system prior to June 20th. Further instructions will be provided.