Details: Salary is commensurate based on experience.
About Our Mission
In 2002, Pat Tillman proudly put his NFL career with the Arizona Cardinals on hold to serve his country. Family and friends established the Pat Tillman Foundation following Pat’s death in April 2004 while serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment in Afghanistan. The Pat Tillman Foundation unites and empowers remarkable military veterans and spouses as the next generation of public and private sector leaders committed to service beyond self. The fellowship program supports Tillman Scholars with academic scholarships, a national network, and professional development opportunities, so they are empowered to make an impact in the world. To date, the Pat Tillman Foundation has invested over $15 million in academic support and named over 580 Tillman Scholars at over 100 academic institutions nationwide. For more information on the Pat Tillman Foundation and the impact of the Tillman Scholars, visit PatTillmanFoundation.org.
About the Position
The Marketing Coordinator is a full-time position within the Department of Brand and Communications. S/he will help develop and implement marketing strategies to introduce the Pat Tillman Foundation’s brand and mission to new audiences, ensure organizational growth objectives are met through print and digital campaigns, and increase awareness of the organization’s signature programs and events. We are looking for a motivated marketer who is interested in working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with wide-ranging responsibilities and opportunities for growth and advancement. The position will report to the Director of Brand and Communications in Chicago, IL.
The primary functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Director of Brand and Communications in developing and implementing an integrated, multi-channel marketing strategy for the organization’s signature programs, events and campaigns; key channels include website, email-marketing, paid search advertising, search engine optimization, paid social and mobile.
- Introduce Pat Tillman Foundation’s mission to new audiences: support growth objectives by leading the design and execution of successful digital campaigns aimed at increasing PTF’s base of supporters, donors and program applicants; create reports to communicate results.
- Lead optimization of our paid channel acquisition (social, search and display) to ensure we capture new members and supporters at an optimal CPA.
- Develop and implement testing strategies, including A/B testing tools and beyond, to increase conversion rate, generate investment and enhance user experience.
- Measure marketing data analytics to define trends, bring necessary adjustments and provide transparency across all online channels and through the organization.
- Draft content for marketing materials in collaboration with the Communications Manager, Art Director and and various departments
- Assist the Communications Manager in developing and implementing an effective digital strategy, ensuring current and consistent messaging across PTF’s website, blog, social media, and e-communications.
- Assist the Art Director with development, editorial direction, design and production of high-quality, effective print and digital marketing about PTF’s mission, programs and events.
- Collaborate with various departments to plan, execute and measure the success of campaigns, including end-of-year giving, direct mail and email outreach.
- Work with various departments to implement external partnerships that will help PTF reach new audiences and deliver on our mission; cultivate partnerships to develop co-branded products and cause marketing opportunities.
- Manage eCommerce platform including quotes, design, fulfillment, sales, customer service and measurement of ROI for merchandise and co-branded products
- Promote and protect PTF’s brand and raise awareness of our mission.
- Other duties as assigned:
- Assist the Director of Brand and Communications as needed with related initiatives
- Assist in staffing PTF activities and events
The Marketing Coordinator will be Chicago-based, part of a small marketing and communications team, and reports directly to the Director of Brand and Communications. Salary is commensurate based on experience. Position is available immediately and will remain open until closed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising-related field
- 2-3 years of marketing, advertising and event management experience
- Track record of success implementing marketing strategies based on internally derived metrics
- Current understanding of online communication, accessibility standards and digital marketing trends
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously and liaising with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Experience with the military, education and/or sports sectors a bonus
- Humble and good-natured with a great sense of humor!
Desired Skills & Competencies
- A passionate advocate for the Pat Tillman Foundation’s mission and vision
- A highly organized, self-driven and detail-oriented storyteller motivated to share the impact of the Tillman Scholars
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills; familiarity with AP Style
- Recent experience in a marketing or advertising position in a nonprofit, agency or client-side (in-house) setting
- Proficiency with Mac platforms, Microsoft Office, WordPress, HTML, Tableau, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Savvy online/social networking and website management experience preferred
- A self-described news junkie tracking the latest in military, sports and current events
- Self-starter, able to work effectively as part of a small, proactive and fast-paced team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Solid relationship management skills; an effective networker motivated to strengthen relations with supporters and partners
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Willingness to work in an “all hands on deck” environment and engage in a variety of tasks when required
- Military service or connection a plus
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Flexible schedule required to meet the needs of the Pat Tillman Foundation
- Moderate to low level of extended days required throughout the year. High frequency of extended days and work on weekends may be required during critical points in the grant or program cycles or for major planned events including Pat’s Run in Tempe, AZ (April), the Pat Tillman Leadership Summit in Chicago, IL (July) and Tillman Honors in Chicago, IL (November)
- Requires travel, which may require walking distances, lifting, and carrying luggage and boxes and prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters and standing
- Significant computer work, which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and sustained visual and mental applications and demands
- Occasional lifting (> 15 lbs), bending, pulling, collating/filing, and occasional lifting, carrying, and/or moving boxes, files, etc., some of which could be heavy or require the use of carts
The Pat Tillman Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties or responsibilities associated with the positions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pat Tillman Foundation offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with the following information to email@example.com:
- Include job title in the email subject field
- A brief summary of relevant work experience
- Why you are interested in this position
- Tell us a few fun facts about you!