2318 Mill Road
Do you want to apply your membership and project coordination skills to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a high performing Membership Coordinator with at least 2-3 years of related experience to join our Member Services department. The selected candidate will support department initiatives by coordinating membership communication and activities related to recruitment and retention.
If you are a detail-oriented individual who possesses excellent organizational and planning skills, then we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
· Coordinate member communications including copywriting; membership mailings; emails and follow-ups; calling programs; and website, digital and promotional materials
· Support data integrity including updating membership information, processing and reporting undeliverable correspondence, and assisting on general data and demographic clean up in CRM database
· Coordinate, deploy, and analyze results and statistics of email programs, including member exit surveys and onboarding/first year communications, and prepare general reporting and stats for staff requests
· Extract data from the CRM to fulfill list selects for communication, running reports, and data exports, while conducting quality checks
· Contribute to onsite member recruitment and retention initiatives, assist with coordination of exhibit giveaways and premeeting preparation, and travel to Annual Meeting as requested
· Provide general administrative support as needed, including processing invoices
What you will need in order to be successful:
· Bachelor's degree
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
· Experience working with CRM, AMS or a membership database
· Excellent communication skills including oral, listening, and written
· Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality control
· Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize work and multitask
· Ability to travel 11-20 days per year
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
· Prior experience working in a non-profit or association, preferably within the membership area/department, and an understanding of the membership life cycle
· Experience extracting and analyzing data
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Minimum Education Required