Project Renewal’s mission is to end the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients’ needs. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Project Renewal is one of New York City’s largest providers of comprehensive health services to homeless individuals—delivering healthcare to more than 12,000 people a year. Project Renewal’s Healthcare Programs include: Shelter-Based Primary Care Clinics; 3 Medical Vans;
1 ScanVan; Addiction Treatment; Occupational Therapy; Optometry; Psychiatry and Shelter-Based Dentistry.
About the Position
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Director of Healthcare Operations serves as an integral member of the Healthcare Management Team, with responsibilities for making sure that the day-to-day business operations of Project Renewal’s healthcare divisions run smoothly and efficiently. The Director is charged with developing and implementing operational policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies. He/she will contribute to financial management strategy and the development of the organization’s healthcare strategic goals. This is a position that requires strong experience in operations, financial management and information technology. He/she must be a creative problem-solver with experience in change management.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
· Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, standards, and procedures.
· Integrate and optimize information technology as an essential element of program and fiscal management.
· Provide analytical support for Project Renewal’s Department of Performance Evaluation and Quality Assurance.
Project Renewal, Director of Healthcare Operations, Planning and Policy (continued)
· Enhance the work culture of Healthcare operations by strengthening internal communication and consensus-building.
· Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
· Mentor, develop staff and monitor staff performance using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; establish development goals; set objectives; establish priorities. Monitor and evaluate results which includes conducting performance appraisals [intermittent and annual] and administering salary adjustments.
· Represent the organization externally, acting as PRI’s liaison to various government and private agencies and funders.
· Focus on program development, fiscal management and outreach strategies.
· Provide operations oversight for the development of cost effective and integrated clinical programs.
· Work with finance and clinical leadership serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues and achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives.
· Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process for the Healthcare Divisions.
· Adherence to annual budgets through day-to-day management
· Identify opportunities and participate in grant proposals
· Work effectively and collaboratively within the healthcare services’ decision making and organizational structures to integrate the strategic plan of the organization.
· Develop and implement division short and long term operating and strategic plans in collaboration with Clinical and Management leadership.
· Assist in developing new business strategies to enhance overall performance and patient care.
Minimum requirements and skills include:
· Master’s degree in Healthcare administration preferred. Bachelor’s degree is required
· Minimum 10 years of experience in Healthcare is required, ideally in a senior management role with both operations and financial management in a large and complex non-profit organization
· Sensitivity for and understanding of diverse disciplines and issues.
· A proven track record of well-developed planning, marketing, organizational development, and business skills
· The ability to work with clinical staff and professionals in multiple settings and locations and to promote diversity in the workplace.
· Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
· Information systems capabilities and an appreciation for the data which will be required to make meaningful management decisions.
· Financial analysis skills
· Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
· Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
· Self-reliant, results oriented
· Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board committees and staff
· Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
Job duties require the physical activities as described, subject to any necessary and reasonable accommodations due to disability. While performing the duties of the position, the Director is regularly required to walk the floors of the facility, go up and down staircases, to stand frequently; to sit for extended periods of time using office equipment such as computers, telephones and other machines or devices, bend, stretch or carry a moderate weight.
Email resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required