Details: Compensation and Location: The salary range for this position is $43,000 to $48,000 and it is offered along with a competitive benefits package. The position is based in Washington, DC.
1310 L Street, NW
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
Summary Description: The Educational Events Associate primarily supports the Educational Events Manager in the planning of AAUW’s National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL), a nationally recognized conference that empowers students and campus professionals through three days of leadership building workshops, networking opportunities and inspiring speaker sessions. The Associate also plays a central role in developing and executing AAUW’s Empower professional networking events series and other small event opportunities as they arise within the Fellowships & Programs department.
This position reports to the Educational Events Manager.
· Support the day to day advance work and logistics related to planning NCCWSL;
· Play a central role in developing the Empower professional networking events including but not limited to location scouting, speaker research, workshop content development and event promotion;
· Assist with the execution of events for AAUW fellows, grantees and alumnae in collaboration with various colleagues in Fellowships and Programs;
· Assist with project management and tracking of project timelines for all programs and events;
· Manage the registration process for all events, including maintaining the online registration pages, managing cancellations, transfers, refunds, reports, etc;
· Manage event logistics, including food and beverage, A/V, rooms, meeting space set up, and independent contractor (speakers, vendors, performers) arrangements;
· Assist in the development and production of program books and materials, using AAUW brand guidelines;
· Prepare event materials including attendee rosters, participant packets and handouts, signage, and name badges;
- Research and write invitations for awardees and event speakers;
· Collect and routinely analyze pre- and post-event survey data to develop program content;
· Develop, plan and implement multi-platform marketing and communications strategies for programs and events in collaboration with the Communications and External Relations team, and relevant A&E and IT staff;
- Develop unique, engaging blog content for the Fellowships & Programs department on a regular basis in collaboration with the Communications and External Relations team;
- Monitor NCCWSL Twitter and Facebook accounts; coordinate with Digital Media Manager to develop creative social media campaigns;
· Strategize frequently with the Advancement and Partnerships teams to coordinate sponsor and partner integration;
· Provide first-line assistance to AAUW members, external partners and the general public regarding AAUW educational events and programming;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 3 years of work experience and demonstrated history of success in project management and/or event planning;
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills with firm grasp of voice and audience;
· Experience in developing marketing and social media campaigns, ideally with an event promotion angle;
· Creative thinker who is not afraid to share and take initiative on new ideas;
· Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy when performing tasks;
· Ability to prioritize and follow through on assigned tasks, with flexibility to make adjustments;
· Comfortable multi-tasking and working on several different projects at once;
· Strong time management skills;
· Recognizes and anticipates problems and analyzes/formulates solutions;
· Commitment to customer/member service;
· Ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team in a fast paced environment;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office;
· Confident with learning new technology and registration software;
· Knowledge and commitment to women’s leadership and women’s equity issues.
Compensation and Location:
The salary range for this position is $43,000 to $48,000 and it is offered along with a competitive benefits package. The position is based in Washington, DC.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply: Submit a résumé, two writing samples, and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email indicating position title to email@example.com.