ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The mission of the Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) is to change lives and create safe, healthy communities by providing a support and advocacy network for, and comprised of, formerly incarcerated men and women to accomplish this mission. ARC advocates for fair policies in the juvenile and criminal justice systems and provides a supportive network of reentry services to formerly incarcerated individuals. ARC currently serves more than 500 formerly incarcerated individuals across two offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, with an annual budget of $5.5 million. Learn more at www.antirecidivism.org.
ARC is seeking a Caseworker to work at our 80 bed Life Skills program, part of a Fire Training Program in conjunction with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and CAL FIRE, located in Ventura County. The role of this position is to provide life skills support and case management in an exciting new pilot program aimed at creating pathways to fire fighting careers for formerly incarcerated indiviudals. This is an opportunity to apply creative thinking to the provision of innovative support in this groundbreaking program. Experience with the criminal justice population is considered an asset, along with passion and commitment to social justice reform. This is a position that will interact with governmental agencies, ARC staff, as well as community organizations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver all program components and services, except for those provided by the Job Developer.
- Conduct needs evaluations to be utlized in conjunction with preparation, review, and updating of individual participant plans.
- Database entry and management.
- Monitor participant progress and confer regularly with Calfornia Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) staff concerning program progress and transition planning, and document accordingly.
- Attend all ARC staff meetings, case conferences, organizational gatherings, retreats, and conferences, as requested.
- Transport participants to and from appointments/ARC functions.
- Coordinate interventions with members as needed.
- Serve as backup on-call at all times and assume primary “on-call” role, as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The Caseworker will have the following experience and attributes: At least 2 years of experience with a criminal justice or related population. Experience with casefile documentation, group documentation, and creating case management plans is essential. Residential experience preferred.
The Caseworker will have the following experience and attributes:
· Flexible and self-starter; ability to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
· Excellent people and communication skills, with experience in collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse and dynamic team environment.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to ARC’s mission.
· Strong and affective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
· ARC strongly encourages qualified formerly incarcerated and system-impacted individuals to apply.
· Passionate about the ARC mission.
· ARC pays 75% medical/dental/vision benefits for individual; 50% for dependents.
· 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.
Minimum Education Required