MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Details: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
247 West 37th Street
A unique opportunity to work closely with the marketing and development teams in a high-growth, non-profit organization that supports children.
The Marketing & Development Associate will assist with a broad range of marketing and development initiatives, and help SAY’s office function efficiently.
Key job duties:
- Office Management – Accomplish a broad range of office duties, including supply & conference room management, office mailings, transportation arrangements, and more.
- Program Performances – Provide lead-up, and on-site front-of-house support for SAY’s culminating program performances (8-10 annually)
- Fundraising Events – Support lead-up activities (including volunteer outreach, guest communications, event supplies & more), plus on-site support for SAY’s annual fundraising events, including the Paul Rudd Bowling Benefit, Annual Gala, and George Springer Benefit (4-5 major fundraising events annually).
- Development – Process a broad range of donor gifts in SAY’s database, generate database reports, and accomplish other database and development projects, as assigned.
- Volunteers – Maintain on-going communication with SAY’s incredible volunteers, and coordinate volunteers for in-office projects, program performances, and fundraising events.
- Manage external vendors, as appropriate
- Added duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience. Event and/or non-profit experience a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning & problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail & proofreading skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to manage a high volume of projects and deadlines simultaneously, and adapt to changing deliverables & timelines
- Proficient in computer software programs. Experience with Salesforce/Patron Manager and/or BidPal/OneCause a plus.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Passionate, mission-focused associate
- Self-motivated & self-directed
- Demonstrates sound judgement and ability to act assertively and diplomatically
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-productivity environment.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. SAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SAY: The Stuttering Association for the Young is a national non-profit organization that empowers, educates, and supports young people who stutter and the world that surrounds them. Through summer camp, speech therapy, and creative expression, SAY builds a community of acceptance where young people who stutter gain confidence and communication skills. Learn more at SAY.org and CampSAY.org.
How We Help:
Over 70 million people stutter on a daily basis, including 5% of all young children. Young people who stutter often face unimaginable fear and cruelty from a world that doesn't understand them. Many children who suffer daily ridicule, teasing & bullying – silence themselves over time to hide their stutter, embarrassment, and shame, and feel incredibly isolated and alone.
Since 2001, SAY has offered comprehensive, innovative programs that address the physical, social, and emotional impact of stuttering, including Camp SAY, Confident Voices After-School & Weekend programs and Speech Therapy. This year alone, SAY will underwrite more than $1,000,000 in programmatic cost so children from families-in-need can attend our programs. To date, no child has been turned away due to a family's inability to pay.
We believe that every young person who stutters has a voice that matters and every voice deserves to be heard.
Health coverage, PTO: Annual Holiday schedule, plus 2-weeks paid vacation & 401K Plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re a talented, passionate, and compassionate individual who wants to help young people who stutter discover their own beautiful voices – please email your resume, along with a cover letter and salary requirements to: Search@SAY.org. Please include MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE in the subject line of your email.