Home of the Sparrow is seeking a full-time Volunteer Coordinator to develop, implement and manage the volunteer program which engages over 350 people a year and provides more than 7,000 hours of volunteer service. Home of the Sparrow’s mission is to partner with women facing homelessness to secure housing, achieve long-term stability, and chart new paths for their futures. (This position is on-site only/in the office daily.)
- Reports to the Development Director.
- Engage and support hundreds of volunteers in a systematic and intentional manner; responsible for keeping volunteers connected to HOS’s mission.
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to understand needs and opportunities; implement volunteer recruiting strategies to meet these needs; communicate key activities and events with staff.
- Create an annual plan for recruitment, training, retention, stewardship and recognition of volunteers so they feel appreciated and know that their time has made a difference.
- Work with individuals as well as corporate, business and community groups to develop a network of external partnerships that result in a steady and predictable pipeline of volunteers.
- Manage all volunteer service projects as well as the adopt-a-family program and the back-to-school supply drive; assists with the Giving Tuesday activities.
- Prepare and maintain all documents related to volunteer management, from policies and procedures, to job descriptions, to training manuals and more.
- Introduce new volunteers to the CEO and/or DOD.
- Create and execute recognition/stewardship plans and activities/develop and implement formal and informal volunteer appreciation programs; manage National Volunteer Appreciation Week in conjunction with the Development Associate.
- Identify volunteers who may be interested in donating financial resources.
- Steward external stakeholders/companies/businesses, recommend social media posts
- Provide volunteer highlights for newsletters, social media posts, webpages.
- Develop content for social media, newsletters, annual reports, blogs, etc. to promote volunteer opportunities.
- Friendly, full of energy, personable.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office products.
- Database management a plus; knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.