311 W. 43rd Street, 8th Floor
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Development Manager, Institutional Giving. MTC produces eight plays annually, on Broadway at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and Off-Broadway at the historic New York City Center on West 55th Street.
The Development Manager will work closely with the Institutional Giving Director to help raise approximately $3 million in contributed revenue annually from corporate, foundation and government donors. The Development Manager supervises a full-time intern.
- maintain MTC’s current portfolio of corporate, foundation, and government supporters, including tracking deadlines and deliverables
- write proposals, reports and acknowledgements
- supervise gift processing
- maintain institutional database records
- manage benefit fulfillment for institutional funders (maintain up-to-date and accurate crediting in printed and online materials, reserve tickets, etc.)
- research to identify and cultivate prospective donors
- track program data to support donor reporting and solicitations
- participate in Special Events, as needed
- oversee the writing and production of MTC’s Annual Report
- other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3 years of development office experience in a comparable institution are required. Superior writing skills and strong attention to detail are required. Experience with grant writing for both foundation and government applications is preferred. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize projects and work independently in a high volume atmosphere under established deadlines is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Experience with Tessitura or other donor tracking database systems is very desirable. Occasional evening work required to assist special events, including opening nights and galas.
This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits package including: choice between two group health plans with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and optional 401(k), voluntary vision, dental and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependent care and commuting expenses.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (in MS Word, PDF or plain text format) with “Institutional Giving Manager” and your last name in the subject line to: Director, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manhattan Theatre Club is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
For more about MTC, please visit www.manhattantheatreclub.com
Minimum Education Required