2 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor
The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking a Development Operations Manager at its Boston office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Supervises: Gift Processing Specialist
The International Institute of New England seeks an experienced Development generalist to coordinate the day-to-day activities of a hard-working, fast-paced fundraising team. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional to direct his/her talent toward a mission dedicated to supporting some of the most vulnerable people on the planet.
The Development Operations Manager oversees the daily coordination of tasks necessary to the implementation of IINE fundraising strategy, with a special focus on adjusting and evaluating systems to support major gift prospect identification, cultivation, and stewardship. S/he will work directly with the Chief Development Officer and CEO to enact strategies that will enable the team to meet ambitious fundraising goals. An analytic eye, a propensity for order, and a customer-service attitude are key components for success.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of five years of fundraising or donor relations experience
- Minimum of five years of experience developing and managing budgets, preferably experience in budget management for a small to medium size non-profit organization
- Knowledge of and experience working within the principles, ethics, and best practices of fundraising
- Demonstrated experience in understanding the mechanics of developing relationships with new donors and prospects
- Someone who enjoys systems and looks at fundraising strategically
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong writing skills (writing sample required) and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce, preferably at an Administrator or Report-creator level
- Ability to work respectfully in a multicultural environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and process unexpected duties and deadlines.
- A professional with a growth mindset, a person with a high level of personal and professional accountability
- Someone who will enjoy being part of a team that has a laser-like focus on achieving the organization’s annual and multi-year revenue goals
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong connection to the IINE mission of serving refugees and immigrants
Duties and Responsibilities:
DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS COORDINATION
- Evaluate, adjust, and implement existing internal activity systems such as: “moves management” for major gift cultivation, volunteer-building relationship development, donor renewal, and event execution
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Development department budget and expenses
- Draft weekly staff meeting agenda and attend to follow-up tasks, reminders, and outcomes of that meeting
- Serve as point-person for Development-related inquiries from external and internal sources
- Responsible for managing the part-time Gift Processing Specialist and the donation processing and acknowledgement functions of the Development office
- Oversee the management and integrity of the Salesforce database as it pertains to fundraising and development, provide accurate reports, lists, and data analysis
- Work closely with Community Relations Managers on their donor and volunteer portfolio data
- Work with Database Administrator to trouble-shoot development-related Salesforce problems
- Support the Adult Continuing Education (ACE) and Legal Immigration Forms Service (LIFS) programs interface with Salesforce, troubleshooting as needed.
- Support Development team in the execution of successful fundraising events: Golden Door Award gala, the International Women’s Day luncheon, the Suitcase Stories Live series, and other events
STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Support the overall effort to identify and cultivate donors to IINE and use software tools such as WealthEngine to create profiles of prospective donors
- Support event committees, Board members, and other volunteers as needed, particularly in donor management and strategy execution
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their name and position in the subject line. In the cover letter, please be sure to include the following:
- Salary expectations
- Any work or volunteer work done with refugees or immigrants
- Languages spoken
Qualified applicants will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.