Membership Manager (Programs Department)
- Job posted by Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York (A.R.T./New York)
New York City
The Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York (A.R.T./New York), a leading service and advocacy organization for New York City’s more than 400 nonprofit theatres, seeks a Membership Manager to manage A.R.T./New York’s membership, coordinate member events, administer Member Services, and provide overall programmatic and grant support.
About A.R.T./New York
Founded in 1972, A.R.T./New York is the leading service and advocacy organization for New York City’s 400+ nonprofit theatres, with a mission to assist member theatres in managing their companies effectively so that they may realize their rich artistic visions and serve their diverse audiences well. We accomplish this through a comprehensive roster of real estate, financial, educational, and community-building programs, as well as research, advocacy, and field-wide initiatives that seek to improve the long-term health and sustainability of the industry. Over the years, A.R.T./New York has received numerous honors, including an Obie Award, an Innovative Theatre Award, a New York City Mayor’s Award for Arts & Culture, and a Tony Honor for Excellence in the Theatre.
A.R.T./New York is launching a number of new initiatives in grant-making and education programs designed to address the needs of the field, including Diversifying Our Organizations, an effort to strengthen and diversify nonprofit theatres and their boards through cohort-based education and field research; Access A.R.T./New York, a program designed to educate the field and create access for artists, administrators, and audience members with disabilities; and Body Autonomy, a new set of programs and partnerships that strive to end harassment in the theatre profession. A.R.T./New York was recently selected by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to administer its New York Theatre Program which provides critical funding to 40-50 theatre companies.
About the Position
The Membership Manager will be responsible for managing and maintaining the membership database, orchestrating the inflow of member applications and renewals, coordinating member events, and administering important programming for A.R.T./New York members. This position will report to the Director of Programs, work closely with the Programs Manager and communications staff, and manage the Programs Assistant, Member Services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process and approve new member applications
- Ensure the timely payment of member dues and code and track income
- Provide clarity and assist in refining member policies, working closely with the Director of Programs
- Assist members with trouble-shooting when accessing our online systems, with support of other department staff
- Manage the membership database, ensuring member data is clear, accurate, and up-to-date
- Oversee the creation of weekly Member Newsletter and new member packets by Programs Assistant
- Coordinate and lead A.R.T./New York’s annual internship fair, presented each year in partnership with the American Theatre Wing
- Organize and facilitate small-scale member networking events: member happy hours, our Summer social, etc.
- Facilitate A.R.T./New York’s roundtable series, which brings members together to share challenges, brainstorm solutions, and connect with their peers
- Collaborate closely with Programs Manager on A.R.T./New York’s Cohort-based learnings for programs such as Diversifying Our Organizations, Access A.R.T./New York, and Incubator gatherings
- Coordinate the Theatre Leadership Program, connecting A.R.T./New York members with our team of consultants to receive guidance and assistance with long term planning
- Manage the digital services A.R.T./New York provides through our website such as the Member Development Calendar, Community Discounts, and Internship Database, working closely with communications and programs staff
Programmatic and Grant Support
- Provide significant support for A.R.T./New York’s new Body Autonomy Program
- Administer feedback and evaluation systems for the Programs department
- Assist programs staff in building grant applications
- Monitor A.R.T./New York’s language, website, and materials to ensure ease of use and easy access to information for A.R.T./New York members
- Assist programs staff in the facilitation of grant panels
Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Knowledgeable about the NYC Theater community
- Eager to work on a collaborative team
- Highly organized and accustomed to working with databases and technology
- A facilitator, experienced in leading conversations and holding space
- Experienced with organizing and running successful events at differing scales
- Patient and attentive, able to train others or walk someone through a problem
- An excellent listener, able to get to the root of a problem and analyze a situation
A background in theatre, events, and/or customer service is preferred. Facilitation training and experience is a plus. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite is required. Prior experience with Open Water grant software and/or MemberClicks is a plus.
A.R.T./New York strives to create a friendly environment staffed by people who love the theatre, have a great sense of humor, and welcome diversity in all of its forms. A.R.T./New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, please visit www.art-newyork.org.
This is an exempt, full-time 40 hour/week position generally scheduled as Monday through Friday 10am-6pm, with some evening and/or weekend hours as required. Candidate should be willing to work flexible hours for occasional events. Salary is $58,500 per annum. Full benefits package included upon start date, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, optional AFLAC plans, pre-tax commuter benefit option, generous paid time off, reimbursed theatre tickets, and optional 401k plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references as an attachment (PDF format preferred) to email@example.com. Include “Membership Manager” and your full name in the subject line. No phone calls, please. The position is available immediately; please apply by November 26, 2018 for best consideration.