200 High Street
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB) endeavors to be a resource for pre-teen and teen members by providing access to quality workforce solutions. Reporting to the Senior Executive Director of Programs & Partnerships, this role ensures Club members are provided opportunities to develop the skills needed to enter the workforce (“Life After The Club”).
· Develop and implement and annual workforce development program planning process, including annual program objectives.
· Oversee workforce development program evaluations and reports.
· Create a comprehensive job readiness curriculum in age-appropriate modules.
· Devise a work-ready pipeline that promotes the encouragement of early intervention, career exploration, soft skills development and future planning for younger youth.
· Compile program statistical reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
· Collaborate with Clubs to advance programming that facilitates: 1) employability of teens 2) career counseling, job readiness and job placement services, and 3) understanding financial responsibilities and independence.
· Identify and recruit engaging and dynamic professionals from a variety of backgrounds to share their stories and career pathways with members of all ages.
· In collaboration with Club staff, organize opportunities for a variety of guest speakers to attend the Club and share their career pathway experiences, off-site workforce experience and community events such as job fairs, job shadow events and workplace tours.
· Identify local organizations that need skilled employees; help develop a talent pipeline to benefit both Club teens and local employers.
· Develop and manage collaborative partnerships with corporations, civic groups, military services, trade and vocational agencies, and social agencies within the community.
· Utilize BGCA resources to apply initiatives such as Career Launch and Junior Staff Programs.
· Work closely with the mentor assigned to this position for best practices, resource access, program planning and other BGCB related initiatives.
· Work closely with and collaborate with Club Teen Directors, Education Coordinators and Pre-Teen Coordinators on workforce development initiatives and Teen retention strategies.
· Collaborate with BGCB’s Main Office resources within Human Resources, Development, Operations and Finance.
· Identify, onboard, train, and supervise volunteers as needed.
General BGCB Expectations:
· Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
· Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
· Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
· Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 2-3 years’ experience working with teens in a youth development setting.
· Strong interest in workforce and impacting youth.
· Ability to engage and motivate young people.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule; involving evening and weekends as needed.
· Excellent program planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently and within teams.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Valid MA Driver’s license, access to a dependable vehicle and ability to commute in local communities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online.