Position Reports to: Executive Director
BikeHouston, a non-profit organization working toward a more bike-friendly Houston, seeks an experienced Development Director who will manage and execute the pursuit of sustainable funding sources and revenue streams via membership program expansion, grant opportunities, program development and special events. Candidate will also manage donor relations, donor database/CRM and reporting. This is an ideal position for someone with experience in non-profit fundraising and event planning who seeks to build upon an interdisciplinary and diverse skill set with a small but growing organization.
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will implement, manage and evaluate the following programs and tasks:
Membership & Strategic Partnerships
- Refine membership program goals, objectives and define quantitative/qualitative standards of measurement.
- Execute strategies to nurture and grow BikeHouston’s membership program.
- Proactively identify creative new ways to attract and retain members.
- Provide quarterly reports on membership program.
- Source complementary agencies that align with BikeHouston’s mission and goals to create inclusive and impactful membership experiences
- Manage a living-database of individual, corporate, endowment and foundation grant deadlines.
- Lead strategic planning for grants to fund operations, events and special initiatives.
- Lead the application and solicitation processes for grants and sponsorships.
- Manage reporting deadlines and compliance funder requirements.
- Plan and manage revenue-generating events
- Serve as the lead for Bike Month initiatives and the annual Moonlight Ramble
CRM Management, Donor Relations and Reporting
- Manage BikeHouston’s CRM, EveryAction
- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential donors.
- Ensure accurate and expedient gift processing, from intake, to data entry, to acknowledgements.
- Serve as liaison to the BikeHouston Board of Directors’ Development Committee.
Budgeting and Planning
- Support annual budgeting efforts and forecasting.
- Support strategic planning efforts, as applicable.
- Support agency wide marketing efforts to align with campaigns for membership, advocacy and education in relation to development goals, as applicable.
And other development related duties as assigned.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in a non-profit development role.
- Proficiency in EveryAction (or similar CRM with the ability to quickly master EveryAction) and Google Workspace.
- Strong writing and organizational skills, and immaculate attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial disposition, with the ability to work independently, manage up, and adhere to deadlines.
- High degree of professionalism and a sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Highly utilized problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with diverse constituent groups.
- An interest in BikeHouston’s mission.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to jobs[at]bikehouston[dot]org with “Development Director” in the subject line.
BikeHouston is committed to inclusion, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Women, BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.